Techno's adoption (Part 2)

Since you liked the first part so much, here's a second one :)
------

Philza arrived at the black and purple portal after a short walk. The young Piglin was now curled up in his arms, lazily playing with his hat that he gave them as they were starting to get tired. The ominous sounds of the portal made shivers run up Phil's spine as he watched the purple swirls move around. He was realizing a rather big problem now... how was he going to explain Jack's death? Especially while holding a baby Piglin? The people of his village will kill the poor child on sight if Phil isn't careful enough. Why is he only realizing this now...

He looks down at the Piglin and smiles when they look back up at him, trying to copy his smile in an adorable way. "Hey little guy... I know you are tired and want to sleep... but you have to help me a bit now." The Piglin just stared up at him with curious eyes as Phil started to move some stuff around in the bag that he had brought along. "You need to be very quiet. And don't move until I get you out okay?" The child nodded and allowed Phil to wrap them in his extra cloak that he took off and put them in the bag. Once he secured the bag on his side again he slowly walked through the portal.

The cold air of the Overworld made him shiver as he wasn't wearing his extra cloak anymore, but it only took him a few moments to get used to the temperature again. The Piglin on the other hand was glad that they are wearing the extra clothing, because for them it's freezing cold. "You are back sooner than expected." One of the portal guards looked at him suspicious, holding his weapon in hand. "Where is Jack? You are supposed to be by his side the whole trip." Phil just looked down and walked towards the exit of the large chamber. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" "My first priority is to report to the council... not you." He left, leaving the guard angry. With how popular and well known Jack was, it wouldn't suprise Phil if the guard knew him personally.

He walked down the gravel path through the village, receiving many respectful greetings and nods as he went, as he was one of the few people that are allowed to travel through the Nether as well as the only person known to mankind who survived in the wilderness, completely by themselves. Usually he doesn't mind them looking at him, even tho he doesn't really enjoy attention from others, but now it made him anxious. What if they notice the Piglin child somehow? He can't let that happen. Not after he promised to take care of him.

Once he finally arrived at the large building in the center of the village, his body noticeably tensed up. Only a short report. You can do this. They won't notice the child... just stay focused. After taking a deep breath, Phil walked into the building. Only a few people were in the long hallway as he made his way down to the main meeting room. They waved at him and he waved back, still trying to keep his expression as calm as possible. When he arrived at the large wooden doors, he hesitated. The Piglin was squirming in his bag, either cold or uncomfortable. "Shhhh... you have to be quiet... just a little longer..." The squirming stopped again. Taking another deep breath, he finally knocked.

A few seconds later a woman opened the door and looked up at him with a bored expression. But as soon as she actually recognized him, stepped aside to let him in. Inside the room was a large table with 15 chairs, 7 on each side and one at the head of the table. 15 people sat in these chairs and were now looking at the newcomer. "Mr Minecraft. Back so soon? We expect your travels to take longer." "I was... suprised as well." "How did Jack's visit to the ocean temple go? Was he pleased with what he found? Where is he?" This is it. Deep breaths Phil. You got this.

"I'm sorry to inform you... but Jack didn't make it out of the Nether..." Phil was met with shocked and disturbed faces after this statement. Then an uproar of questions and yellings like 'How?' and 'Why didn't you save him?!' and 'That's impossible!' The blonde just kept his head down and allowed them to get their anger and confusion out now before he starts to explain more. By now he had a made up story he could tell them on how he died, as long as he doesn't mess it up and say something wrong. The young Piglin in his bag flinched at the loud noises and whimpers quietly, to which Phil gently patted the bag for a few seconds while no one was looking. Just a bit longer little guy...