A ghostly friend (Dream Team)

(This is a Phasmophobia style oneshot since I watched a stream where George, Sapnap, Karl and Punz played together)

(Edit: I don't know what I was thinking when writing this... but it's too good to take down. It will get a bit weird at the end, just a warning)

"I don't know about this Sap... Maybe we should have picked a different job..." I stared at the small house in front of us, feeling shivers run up my spine. How can a simple house make someone feel so uncomfortable? It looks completely normal... "Nah. We'll be fine, don't worry about it. Now grab some stuff and let's go." "But this ghost is supposed to be super aggressive... We never had one that was reported to be this angry whenever someone is near... and it killed someone before... Sap we never had to encounter a ghost that actually murdered someone. What if-" Sapnap turned to face me and grabbed my shoulders, looking annoyed. "Come on George. We hunted ghosts before. What's so different now? So what if it's dangerous. We are considered experts by now. We got this." "I don't know... It just... feels different." Sap just groaned and grabbed his torch. "Whatever you big baby. Then I'll just go in on my own and you can wait here."

I immediately grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. "No! Don't you dare leave me here!" "Then get your shit together and come with me! You agreed to this job!" I sighed and grabbed my own torch, this weird EMF thing and the journal that ghosts can write in. Why do ghosts need a special journal? Can't they just write on a piece of paper or something? "What's the name of the ghost?" Sap glanced at our whiteboard with all the information we have. "Clay. There is no last name apparently... That's weird... It responds to only one person at a time... so we should split up once we are inside." "Do we have to?" "Yes. Otherwise we won't get any signs." I groaned and followed Sapnap out of our truck and towards the house. He used the spare key we got to unlock the door and open it wide to let me in first.

The house was quiet and dark, the furniture covered in dust, but still relatively new. This whole house looked like someone actually lived here not to long ago... I wonder when the ghost died here... since apparently no one lived here after the original owner's death. But it looks so new... and at least a little bit taken care of. I wonder if the family of the old owner comes here to take care of the house... The death involved with the ghost was a teenager who snuck into the house with his friends. No one knows how he actually died. The friends that were with him said he just... fell over and stopped breathing. Completely out of nowhere. Even the doctors at the hospital had no idea how it happened. That's when people decided there is something supernatural involved. Especially with reports of people who wanted to buy the house getting scared of moving objects and loud noises throughout the day and night. "Alright. You go upstairs and check the rooms there. I'll stay down here. Be careful." "You too..."

The stairs creaked loudly under my feet as I slowly made my way up to the second floor. It was just as dark and creepy up here as it was downstairs, but it was manageable with my torch. The first room I entered was a small bathroom that was suprisingly clean. Even the mirror on the wall barely had any dust or anything on it. Seriously, someone has to be taking care of this house. There is no way it is this clean if no one comes in here. I turned on the EMF thing and looked around the room for a second. Here goes nothing. "Ummm... Clay? Are you here? Give me a sign." I waited for a few moments, but the EMF didn't show any activity. "Guess not..." I left the room and entered the next one, which was a bedroom with plain white walls and empty shelves. Probably a guest bedroom... "Clay? Are you here? Give me a sign please." Again, I got no reaction. None at all. I sighed and turned around to leave the room again and try my luck in the next one, but almost jumped out of my skin while screaming at the top of my lungs when a pair of slightly glowing eyes stared up at me from the dark hallway.

"GEORGE?! GOGY WHATS WRONG?!" I could hear Sapnap's heavy footsteps rush towards the stairs. It took me a few moment to realize that in front of me wasn't a deadly creature that wants to rip my head of, but just a cat that stared up at me with big eyes. I let out a shaky breath and kneeled down to pet the cat. "I'm okay! It was just a cat that scared me!" The footsteps stopped. "Oh my god you gave me a heart attack! Don't do that!" "Tell that the cat!" Speaking of cat, is this cat living here all by itself? It is wearing a collar with a name tag... "Patches... what a cute name. Even if you scared the shit out of me earlier." Patches meowed and walked out of the room, only to look back at me and meow again. "What is it girl? Want me to follow you?"