Don't touch our children!

Phil's mind was going 200 miles a second.

He woke up this morning feeling off, more tired and sluggish than usual. His wings dragging behind him almost lifeless when he walked into the small kitchen, yawn after yawn hidden behind his hand. It was odd, considering he and the kids went to bed earlier than usual after their hours long gardening work yesterday. The weather wasn't helping either, heavy clouds covering the sky and rain pouring down onto the island. The sounds of rain hitting the roof only made him more tired to the point where he walked into the wall opposite of the door he meant to walk through.

Maybe they could have a lazy day today, depending on the quests they'll be given. Lazy days would be perfect for people like him or Fit, who were taking care of their children as single parents and were constantly stressed over completing all the tasks in time. Fit had the terrible luck of getting an irresponsible partner that didn't care much for their child, with Spreen having left after a few days and just never returned. He was doing pretty good for someone who never raised a child before though, considering his past and all. Phil never actually expected Fit to be a great parent. An okay one that would keep his kid safe, but griefers are just a special kind of people so...

Then there were people like Quackity, Bad and now Wilbur too, who just didn't have a partner at all that could help them. They had been alone from the beginning and have to rely on friends to babysit if anything ever came up. At this point only the couples of Foolish and Vegetta and Jaiden and Roier were actually raising their kids together. Everyone else was pretty much alone or... not needed as parents anymore.

Phil was lucky with Missa, who cared a lot about Chayanne and messaged him every day asking how their little warrior was doing. His partner has been gone for the past two weeks now for an important trip he had already planned long before they received their children. And Phil could understand that, could understand wanting to meet up with old friends, something he had planned for a long time. At least Missa still cared enough to check in on them. He even promised to bring back a bunch of gifts for both of them, having said in his last message that he already bought a bunch of sweets and snacks to bring home. Chayanne was very excited when hearing about the possible treats he might get soon. And the return of his father, of course.

Still, taking care of Chayanne every day and now Tallulah on top of that was exhausting. Usually he would be fine with being a single parent, he loved these kids dearly, they stole his heart on day one. And he had raised Wilbur all by himself after all, with Kristin not able to spend a lot of time outside of her realm. But back then he wasn't pressured into daily tasks, to practically run everywhere to complete them in only one day. This version of raising kids was sure to break through his immortality and finally give him gray hairs. Well... actual gray hairs and not just the white streak he now carries after the 'nightmare'.

But when he opened the quest log while waiting for his coffee (even though he hates coffee, but the caffeine was badly needed now), he was surprised to see that it still showed yesterday's tasks. They were all green and checked off, since he and Fit had spent most the day together to make sure all of them were done. Odd... Usually it updates only a few minutes after midnight. Maybe his wish for a lazy day has been granted, that the entities that control this place have pity for the multiple single parents. Or his quest log is glitched, which would be a horrible thing considering the time limit... there is only one way to find out.

He shot a quick message to Fit, asking about the quests for the day and decided to make breakfast while he waits for an answer. Downing most of the still hot coffee in one go, he got to work. Since it seems like he has time today, he chose to surprise his kids with pancakes. Usually Missa makes them after some special recipe and has only made them twice so far, but it can't be that hard. Chayanne and Tallulah will surely appreciate the snack, he has no idea how they haven't grown sick of the avocado toast Phil usually gives them.