Hit Reverse!

A little fun AU inspired by fanart I saw :D 

Enjoy! 

----------

Phil sighs and flops down into the large bed, wings splayed over the sheets as he groaned into the pillow. It was almost midnight and they had barely managed to finish their last task for the day, which had been to gather three new types of plants and bring them home. Which is pretty shitty when you have a huge collection already and have to travel for ages to find something new. He can't imagine what Bad must be going through, considering that man has pretty much every crop and animal in existence on his little island fort. Dapper was making a whole Zoo in that place.

"Move over, you're taking up all the room." Missa pushed against his wing, no real heat or strength behind it, just tiredness and the desire to finally go to sleep. Phil barely has the strength to lift it up and let him crawl underneath before it flopped down again, making his partner groan at the sudden weight on his back. "I forgot how stressful these things can be... The one thing I definitely did not miss when I was gone."

The Elytrian huffed, curling more into the sheets, awkwardly shifting his wings around to try and get comfortable. "Try doing multiple dungeons in a day... that's stressful. This was just way too much traveling in a too short time span." Missa hummed in acknowledgment, already starting to fall asleep. "Can we sleep in tomorrow?" "We decide that after our 6am Quest check. We may need the time... like we did today." The human whined, already not looking forward to waking up in only six hours. Not after such a stressful day. He'd rather sleep for 10 or more. Or just a lazy day in general.

Phil finally found a comfortable position and layered his wings over them both, lazily half pulling a blanket over them as well, adding a nice warm layer on top of his feathers. "Night Missa..." "Mmm night..." They were almost asleep, almost dragged away into the land of rest and dreams, tugged away in warmth and safety, when an annoyingly cheerful and familiar music began to play. Both of them groaned, with Phil's more being a hiss than anything else.

The small screen with an animated duck appeared, destroying the hope of a peaceful next day. Whenever the duck showed up, nothing good followed. Apart from the dragonlings showing up. That was nice, even though the circumstances were heartbreaking. "What do they want now..."

"Good evening everyone!"

"A lot has happened the past few weeks, has it not?"

"New people arrived on the island, twice! Exciting isn't it!"

"I hope all of you have settled in comfortably into your new forever home."

"Most of you have done a great job in caring for your dragonlings, with a few exceptions of course. May they rest peacefully."

"The successful parents have worked hard every day to keep their kids healthy and safe over the past month..."

"...so it's time to reward you guys for a month of hard work; don't you think?"

Phil and Missa looked at each other while the duck gave a dramatic pause. There had been talk about a reward when the mother dragon returns, not just randomly in the middle. The human carefully took his partner's hand and squeezed it, nervously glancing towards the hallway and Chayanne's bedroom door. "Why does that sound like a threat..." Phil snarled, squeezing his hand harder. "I'll fight them all to hell and back if their idea of a reward and break means taking the kids away." The feral look in his eyes was oddly comforting for Missa.

"Now it's time to see how good your parenting was!"

"Your kids have received your care and have their own opinion of how good a parent you are."

"Now, they will be able to act on it."