Philza's Backstory 1 (Meeting Mumza)

(This is my personal headcanon to the backstory of DSMP Philza. Of course I will change a few things that are said to be canon, like the fact that his wife is supposed to be a Samsung smart fridge... but I will keep most of the canon things in... I think?)

(Another note. The phantoms that will be described later on were not fully my idea. The concept comes from Neytirix on YouTube! They talked about them while redesigning them in a speedpaint. Please go check it out, as they are an amazing artist!)

Now enjoy!

-------------------

Ranboo pulled the cloak around himself a little tighter when a cold wind rushed by. The hybrid was on his way to visit Techno and Philza to talk about Snowchester. After all... the Syndicate seems to think it could be a form of government. It clearly isn't, since it's mostly just him, Tubbo and Micheal. Phil helped him keep Micheal a secret during their first visit to Snowchester, but who knows for how long they can keep this up.

The Enderman soon reached the snowy home of his two friends. He was about to go into the fenced area and towards Phil's house when he noticed said blonde walking off into the forest with a bag over his shoulder. 'Where is he going? The village is in the other direction...' Out of curiosity, Ranboo decided to follow Phil. He could just talk about Snowchester on the walk to... wherever the blonde was planning to go.

It didn't take long for him to catch up to his winged friend, but he did not expect to find what he did. Phil was kneeling in front of a small lake, surrounded by a couple of lanterns to keep the monsters away. His trusty hat was laying on the ground while he searched through his bag. 'What is he doing here? Is he trying to fish?' He watched as Phil took out a candle and an old turtle shell. After lighting the candle, he put it inside the turtle shell together with some flowers and slowly let it drift out onto the lake. Suddenly Ranboo realized just what he was watching Phil do. 'Oh no...'

"Happy Anniversary Kristin...", the blonde whispered just loud enough for Ranboo to hear. "I miss you... I hope you are doing well... and Wilbur too... Tommy decided to move back in with us... I don't know why, but I'm not complaining. At least two of our boys are back home with me. You should see him. He's grown so much. A strong young man... just like how we hoped he'd be once he grows up. He misses you too... sometimes he asks me to tell stories about you... or he just wants to look at some of the old pictures I still have. He never got to really meet you after all... Techno misses you as well. I see him look through old pictures sometimes..." 

Ranboo knew this wasn't the time or place to talk about his problems... and he should not eavesdrop on something so personal. So the young hybrid turns around and tried to sneak away again without being discovered. "I know you are there Ranboo." Welp. So much for that. "Sorry... I... I didn't mean to... I was just leaving." Phil turned to face him and smiled. "No. It's alright. You can come over here." For a second the hybrid hesitated. He really shouldn't have followed Phil or disturbed him from his mourning, but he can't change that now. In the end, he decided to accept the invitation and sat down next to Phil.

"I'm really sorry..." "I already said it's alright. Don't worry about it." Ranboo stared at the candle for a while, watching as the small flame dances around. "She was your wife... right?" Phil nodded and played with a small branch. "She died almost 17 years ago... I miss her a lot. She was the only person I ever truly loved romantically in my whole immortal life." "How... did you two meet? If you are okay with telling me." The blonde laughed and stared up at the slowly darkening sky. "Wanna hear the whole story or the short version?" "Whichever is easier for you to talk about. I'll listen anyways."

"Alright then..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Phil had been traveling for days without resting much, revisiting old places and structures he found during his travels. It was always interesting to see how the places have changed over time. He just left an old temple he found near a jungle the other day when he spotted houses in the distance. "Huh... I don't remember a town being here..." He checked the position of the sun and noticed how he has about an hour left of sunlight. That should be just enough time to get to the ruined castle in the ice spike biome. But the town... it's been so long since he's actively talked to people. Maybe just for a night... get some good rest. In the end he decided to stay and used his wings to fly over to what looked like a very much alive and thriving small town.