Part 30: The World; 2nd Half

If there was one thing I learned in all my weird driven days here, was that nothing was to be taken lightly unless you woke up and nothing in your room was floating or whispers followed you into the woken world. A low growl would make the last bit of earth I stood upon shake and shift, causing me to almost surf the surface with a cautious glance all around. This wasn't real, not entirely, but it was happening in a sense of the word, real. Every bit of my mind was telling me it was ok, and yet I had to fight myself just to stay aware.

" One Pine Tree, One Pine Tree is all it takes to start a home, burn the trees down and anything left behind will pale in comparison. " The voice made me sick, it was the same but growled this time, like some beast that was hungrily watching over me. Realizing this, my head shoots up looking to the sky as a hell dog-like face stuck through the sky and stared down at me, human eyes that had a kaleidoscope of shapes circling inside what would be the pupil, worms making up the white of its eyes and that same black goo spilling from one side.

" Ya ok, so you're a carpenter! What do you want?! " I threw my arms out further with my body finally having a grip on the land below, once my mind was off the illusion it seemed I was able to grasp the normal world a bit better. A sickly chuckle roared over me and I could smell the death it emitted, then again it smelled a little too much like rot to be coming from any being. Now it was clear, a scare tactic.

" Oh, the little splinter in my side is getting smart. Seems you are every bit the wise elder in the young sapling I heard you were. "

" Dude, phrasing... " I looked up a little disgusted that any creature in the world beyond like Bill was from wouldn't know how to form his sentences a bit better.

" Don't you dare mock me trying to distract me! " His voice boomed and almost felt like gravity itself smacked me in the face as I felt my shins crack, they weren't broken but that pain wasn't an illusion as I felt it rush through my entire body. That smug dog face merely grinned and flashed his black crystal-like teeth at me while lowering down closer, making me realize I was no bigger than one of those fangs. " This is not a warning, just a gift... letting the one who outsmarted Bill so many times a chance to hide! You will be most delicious when all your hope is shattered. " His teeth clicked each time needlessly, on the T's. Though just like that and I was awake entirely, the air was fresh, the sky blue, and my body wobbling from the aftershock because of my damaged legs.

" Dipper!? " I could hear them, it was like a song on the wind as their feet rushed towards me, almost slamming into the ground, one a set of boots, the other a pair of bare feet that showed up after a few quick clicking steps. I really didn't get a chance to turn or even smile from the sound of their voices as my body hit the ground and I felt all the energy just drain from me. 

It was about two days later I finally woke up and Gruncle Stan would be sitting next to me, a paper in hand and a serious look about him as closer to me I could make out a red sea of hair resting on my arm, making my right arm practically useless, but hey I felt a warmth run over me that came with that sight. On the couch was Pacifica from what I could tell, curled up with Mabel who was staring right at me without missing a beat of me also being awake.

" You're in trouble. " Is all I could make out as she glared at me, Pacifica stirred a little and would just cuddle into Mabel a bit more, it was cute and slightly humorous how close she was with my dear sister. I smiled weakly but soon enough Stan was staring right at me before I knew it and would pull himself off the chair he probably pulled in from another room to push back and walk up beside the bed I was put on and gently patted Wendy's back.

" Come on Red, he's awake. " It was a groggy lift at first as her head rose, but it would be a snap and her arms shot around me the best she could to hug me as I laid there.