Part 14: Together Again?

I had spent most of the day writing in my new journal, Mabel was hanging out with me somewhat, on her laptop mostly jotting down orders and checking up with her friends from school, somehow she still made online classes work to her advantage and had all kinds of people wanting to talk with her. I really couldn't blame them, she was a light at the end of a dark tunnel even for me, and I wasn't really too sure anyone would understand that she was like that entirely naturally. Closing up the journal, I slip my hand across the remake I had of Gruncle Ford's hand and smile a bit more just thinking how this symbol changed my life in so many good ways, best to stay on those good memories.

" Hey Mabel I'm going to go grab a Cocoa Soda. Want one or should I get your usual Pitt? " Slid out of bed and slowly stood up, old habit from when this room was more attic than room back in the day, a storm having nearly caved in the ceiling left Soos with a project for a few weeks, and with help of the others he was able to improve it to fit humans so we wouldn't bump our heads over and over.

" Pitt is good. Can I get it on ice? "

" No problem Sis. " She didn't even look up but as I left she stole a glance to me, I had caught it a few times and knew she was feeling that usual churn she told me about when I left the room or took a car out for chores. I did my best to just act normal while she healed, it wasn't going to be easy like my own issues, but at least I could do this to help. Once downstairs I am greeted with Soos hanging out at the counter as it had been a bit of a slow day and I was more or less grateful to enjoy a day off and having little commotion from vacationers. " Hey Soos, stealing some Cola. How's the traffic? " Small talk... not my best subject still.

" Oh dude. You just missed the rush, like hundred people in and out bing bang boom! " His humor always made me smile, but I couldn't help but chuckle as he made little motions to add to this one for the last part. " Nah but really, it's pretty calm. Not a lot of people showing up in the mid week. Heh lucky I get some days like this I can visit Melody without worry. "

" Right, well don't forget we don't mind taking over... we know you will need help when she goes into labor. " I reach into the cooler that people could take a drink from after their walk or just on a warm day if they stop by, brushing past the water today for my Cocoa and turning back around to head towards the house area of the building. " Gonna get Mabel her drink. " I wave back to Soos with my drink, realizing I likely just stirred up my drink before smiling faintly at the moment and walking into the living room, as I pass Melody, I nod to her since she was focused on a show, resting carefully in this late term of her pregnancy.

After I iced down the Pitt in a tall glass so Mabel could enjoy more, I began back to the stairway as I turn the corner and look back to Soos and wave as my Cocoa was now in my pocket because I just figured it wouldn't be in the way there. As I wave I call out. " Heading back up! "

" Ok Dude. We'll just be down here. "

" Indeed, catching up and all that. " A new voice calls out and I freeze on the first step, my body almost toppling over from the suddenness of my action before I turn slowly and lift my brows wide.

" Gruncle Ford! " I rush off from the steps and put the drink on the closest countertop across from the Weird Monster plushies. Gruncle Ford already with open arms laughing merrily and taking me in his hold as I lay one arm over his and he did the same to me in our cross hug from our even height now.

" My stars Dipper look at how you've grown! " He laughs happily, Soos merely grinning with his elbow on the counter and his head in his chin, Melody probably giggling to herself at my excitement as I held onto Ford tightly just showing every bit of how much I had missed him. Eventually after a few pats to my back I was able to step back and cock a half smile as I take in the slight changes, fixed glasses, a few more grey hairs, but he was holding up well. " Ah I see you noticed the changes. Heh well me and Stanley came across a rather weird location a couple years back, and after falling into what we thought was a Pitt lake, it turned out it was actually a rejuvenating pond inside of a large cave. Some odd spirit was watching over it and got really upset we bathed in the waters so steadily, though once we explained we were lured there by a creature we were chasing she seemed a bit less upset and more worried what it might do. So we helped get rid of it and she said we could enjoy ourselves to the healing properties of the waters. To this day Stanley is still upset we didn't take the cup with us, have to keep reminding him it would be rude to steal a gift. "