Part 11: Glitter

( Wanted to give a little love to the other Pine. )

It felt like yesterday that we had returned to Gravity Falls, already a month was passing and I have had the best time reconnecting with my besties for life. I only say that instead of B.F.F.s because I'm not some posh wanna be toktikker. Anyways! Today I am heading down to the post office to pick up my new shipment of sewing items, last time I had it delivered to the shack, the gnomes picked it up and made a stuffed statue of me... it was still shorter than I am because they now only reach my ankles it feels like.

I walk into the office as I give off a gasp seeing Robbie behind the counter, and wearing a uniform none the less. He notices me and gives a small panicked expression but soon enough smiles and waves over to me.

" Hey Mabel! Before you start yelling... yes I took a part time job... Want to get the new Gamestation 5 when it gets released.... Tommy already said he would hold me one, as morally broken as that is. " He laughed somewhat but soon enough smiled with that lazy expression as he leans onto the counter, me having walked up would be looking down to him as I tilt my head and wrap my hands behind my back.

" That is so coool. Dipper said you were a lot more mature but this is really cool Robbie. Umm.. Before I get my package... WhichByTheWayIsWhyIamHere... I wanted to ask... how has Dipper been when you all hang out? I know the first time Wendy showed up he came back upset. " My expression hardly hid my worry but I kept a sweet smile to not seem so desperate to know.... I was failing I knew this.

" Oh ya. Um, I mean we are good usually. I mean he is good at seeming ok but when Wendy shows up lately he bails on us. We totally get it Mabel so don't worry we aren't giving him any flack for it. Though lately, about a week ago Wendy began to seem down if she saw him leaving. She acts mad and still pokes fun and all that but it's odd. " Robbie stood with his hands lifting in a shrug, turning about to the cupboards that housed the orders for the day which just arrived, working around the P's to find my package as I lift one arm to my chest, cradling my shoulder and rubbing my chin.

" Must have been when she came to the shack... we all came home and she was still watching it near ten o'clock. Waddles was keeping her company. " I sighed as Robbie turned to slide my package with the release slip to me, looking around for the pen he had in his hair over his ear until finally remembering it was there.

" Really? She said she was stuck hanging out with her family. Why would she lie? " We both had a "Who delt the fart" look as either of us really knew the whole story, just that she showed up and Dipper ditched guard duty on her. I sign off and slip the paper back to him only to feel his hand on my wrist. I knew Robbie was a good friend so I couldn't resist teasing him. " Oh Robbie... what about... " Cut off by my own gaze as I see Robbie looking right at me with worry.

" Look Mabel, you two saved all of us back in the day. Not because you did more but because your family brought everyone together and gave us a chance. I know I was a big dillhole back then, I've been told by everyone heh. But please take care of Dipper, Wendy isn't there for him like she use to be because of this whole... " He never called" bit she is going through, but until she wakes up and realizes her best friend is back, he will need you more than ever. " Robbie took his hand away and coughed somewhat as if uncomfortable, but soon enough I heard the ring of the front door opening as Lazy Susan walked in, likely picking up a shipment for the diner while her niece worked. " Now that was pre-paid shipping so you're all good Mabel. Susan! How's the best waitress around doing?! " Robbie really got into his customer service role, lively but still somewhat lazy, it worked for him.

" Oh just bought a new lamp online and it said it arrived. This one is shaped like a cat, be great for Summerween and Halloween. " She giggled which only made me join in, Robbie nodded and pointed to the back where he had to store larger boxes. Once he left I turned to head out waving to Susan who would follow me with her gaze.