Part 44: This is where it will end.

It is said that in war the one who strikes first is generally the winner. Though those who have been in war speak volumes that the first strike is but a statement, and does little to win the argument. We all think that the world revolves around conflict, and while conflict exists, it is only because everyone is unique and sadly, that allows conflict to be born.

" Well I'll be damned, a rock. " Robbie spoke a bit sarcastically as he would push a rock over the falls and watch it tumble all the way down into the valley. The water was so pure today one might mistake it for liquid crystals roaring over the edge and into the lake below. Honestly, it took this height to really get a good idea of just how big Gravity Falls was. 

" Ya ya, I know I'm not being talkative but, Dipper really connected with you and I felt like getting to know you better might help me connect with him again. " Mabel would sit curled up on a larger rock, watching the waters flow by as Robbie remained by the edge, hardly phased by the heights.

" I get it, Mabel, I mean I figure you would talk with Wendy more, or even Pacifica, pretty clear she felt the same after that whole display in the town square. " Robbie smirked some with a laugh and would plant his hands into his new hoodie, still sporting the symbol of a heart but it no longer bled or had the cut in it. " I wanted to thank you for this as well, so it all works out. "

" Ya, that old one was starting to not make sense with how in loooooove you are always being with Tambry. " Mabel grinned to tease Robbie a bit as he merely laughed out and she joined along with him.

" No you are right, it's getting serious... " A small notch would stir about as his hand moved inside of his hoodie, merely toying with something that he was unsure of, but also so certain. " Still, glad you told us how that all started, Tambry really got to get over the idea we weren't good with each other. Spells only bring people together, doesn't hold them at all. "

" You were going to say stick together " Mabel peeked over her knees and pointed at Robbie who would only deny it whole heartily. " Mmhmm. Riiiiight " Mabel still giving him the knowing look but soon enough just smiled and laid her legs out, wearing her jeans because it had gotten chilly enough the past couple of days.

" Honestly though, thanks for trying as hard as you two always do. " Mabel would smile a bit painfully to being so easily lumped in with her brother as if Robbie didn't think he was gone truly either. " I think this world lost half of the true heroes when Dip... Y'know. "

" 49%... I'm still taller. " Mabel protested weakly, clearly ready to cry but holding it back and inhaling hard to rather herself before suddenly springing onto her feet. " He made up with it with his heart... I may want to help everyone but Dipper, Dipper always believed he would always succeed, even if he worried about it all the way to the end. "

" Too true little Mabe, but I know he thought just as highly of you. I couldn't even joke about you without him correcting me or telling me how wrong I was. " Robbie walked up to offer his hand for Mabel to hop down, which she did but would soon sigh out as Robbie's head tilts from the sound.

" I'm ok, just... as great as it feels to talk about him..."

" It hurts like hell knowing it won't bring him back. " Robbie finished her sentence and soon enough pulled her into a hug to calm the tears that had begun to fall shortly after. " It will be ok. I can't promise it will ever stop hurting but if Dipper was right, which he usually is... you will have a great life because nothing can hold you back. " Robbie stroked and petted Mabel's hair, giving her attentive treatment like an older brother even if he wasn't as close.

They remained there for a time before Mabel pulled away and said he could head home, thanking him for his help but she would be checking on the Manataurs and Multi Bear to see if they needed anything, yet Robbie offered to join since he was already being given the ok to hang from Tambry, and she thought it was great that Mabel wanted to connect as Dipper did with everyone.