24.

Jae Mi's POV

"Noona~" Jungkook puts down his bag, hugs Jae Mi and kisses her.

"How's your meeting today?" Jae Mi's hugging Jungkook back.

"Everything's going very well. Mr. Park agreed to do the project with us. Where's Hwanie?"

"He's going out with Mom to her friend's house."

"How's your day? What are you doing today?" Jungkook's swinging Jae Mi to the left and right.

"Great." Jae Mi smiled.

"Great? That's it? Nothing's happened?" Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"Yeah..? What should happen?" Jae Mi asked.

"Anything. What did you eat? What were you doing? What did Hwanie do? What story did mom share with you? What joke did you guys make? What thing that you saw on your phone? Instagram? Tiktok? Youtube? Memes? Pinterest? Wattpad? Tell me everything. I wanted to know your day." Jungkook smiled sincerely waiting for Jae Mi to tell him her story.

Flashback

"Babe, you're back. I'll heat the food for you. I made carbonara pasta." Jae Mi puts the pasta in the microwave.

"Thanks." Min Jun pulled off his tie and sat down.

Beep.

"How's your work today?" Jae Mi asked.

"Nothing much."

"Did the lunch I made delicious?"

"Yeah."

"So today I watched tv and there's one show that is super funny. They played the game and wrote down the words that the opponents shouldn't say. If the opponents say it, they will be punished and the opponents have to guess the words. It's very funny when one of them get punished and they're trying to guess the words but cannot." Jae Mi laughed heartily but there's no response from Min Jun.

When Jae Mi focused on Min Jun, he was drowned in his own world, his phone, his social media.

"Babe?"

"Honey?"

"Min Jun?"

"Hm?" He answered without looking at her.

"Did you listen to me?"

"Oh? You were talking to me? Sorry, I just watched this TikTok. What was that again?"

It won't be funny anymore if I repeat it, Jae Mi thought.

"Nothing." Jae Mi shook her head.

Silent.

"Babe, can we at least have a small talk about each other's day? I just wanted to have a small chit chat with you." Jae Mi asked.

"I already worked for the whole day. Talked so much with many people. Can I at least have the time for myself? Stop annoying me~" Min Jun sighed.

At that moment, Jae Mi wanted to cry but she didn't. She just stays silent and gulps down the sadness. She didn't want Min Jun to apologize to her just because he needs to. She wanted him to understand her. She just wanted to talk to someone. Someone that she can share the story with. Someone to support her. Someone to listen to her. Asked her how she was today? What did she do today? But after that, she never talked much or shared any stories with him again.