Chapter thirteen

Studio/Garage 6:50pm Wednesday 1994

Alex Pov

My breath hitches as our eyes meet. I observe his shockingly clear gentle hazel brown eyes as he searches for a response in mine. It felt as if we sat there in that exact moment for years, when only mere seconds passed. My heart aches for him, always has and regretfully may always will. Just as we hadn't noticed our closeness, I doubt we noticed our leaning into each other. My heart stops the moment his smooth lips touch mine and I accept them.

I'm aware this shouldn't be happening. I'm quite aware that this means all my self pride and respect goes down the drain. And i'm aware I will regret this later on, but for now? For now I just miss this. Miss his touch. His kiss. Him.

His fingers fiddle around in my blonde locks, memorizing each strand of my hair with his fingertips. While my arms snake around his neck.

A little over a minute passed when I decided to properly pull back, but not without leaving him with one last peck. We straighten ourselves, leaning back into the comfortness of the studio sofa. Shy grins and smiles appear on our face as we do our best to hide it from the other. I turn to my right, facing the grand piano. My eyes flick over to the clock up on the wall, telling us the time of 6:52 pm.

I head a heavy sigh, causing Luke to turn to me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"We go on in eight minutes." I groan.

"I'm tempted to just shatter the bathroom window and climb through it."

I slap myself on the forehead, "I'm so thick!"

"Huh?"

"The bathroom window has no screen, I know because I took it out for me to sneak in here at night before I was officially kicked out of my house."

"So? Sorry I'm not following you." he chuckles softly.

"The whole point there's a window in there is to air the bathroom out."

"Yeah, that's why we had a screen, it kept the insects and bugs from coming in. Without the screen it's practically a tiny door, that's why we don't open it anymore."

I form a toothy grin at the words 'tiny door'. It takes Luke a second or so to get there, but eventually does.

He jumps up from the couch, nearly tripping over his own two feet. "Tiny Door!"

"Tiny door." I laugh as he grabs my hand and yanks me off the couch and into the bathroom where he unlocks and slides up the window.

"Here." I set the wooden trash can under the window for a stepping stool.

"Great, go first, I'll make sure it's steady enough."

I step up onto it, wobbling a little till I steady myself before climbing through the window and landing on the cold wet night grass.

"Alright, Luke come on!" I huff, zipping up my jacket.

When Lukes feet meet the earth we make our way around the garage to reach the driveway where our bikes lay.

"You're gonna have to remind me to close that window tonight."

He laughs in response, hopping onto his bike and riding down the streets ahead of me.

__________________

School Gymnasium/Behind Stage 7:12pm Wednesday (Christmas Eve) 1994

Luke's Pov

"We're here! We're here!" I shout as Alex and I scurry across the gymnasium floor up to the stage when we hear the host announce that Sunset Curve will not be participating due to no arrival.

Bobby pulls Alex to the side, a strong grip on his arm , "Where were you guys!" he hisses.

Alex shifts out of his grasp, responding with a huff. "Not the time Bobby."

I shuffle towards the microphone setted in the center of the upper stage. "Hello everybody, we're Sunset Curve!" I exclaim as I straighten my beanie out on my head.

"Tell your friends." Reggie winks, causing the first row of girls to swoon.