Chapter two

Garage/Studio 9:42pm Friday 1994

Luke Pov

"So talk." He instructs.

I just want to blurt out how Camilla was gay and that he has nothing to worry about, but I remember my promise I made her as i drove her home earlier tonight. So I just gotta start with what I know, and what I can say. We shift our bodies to where we are facing each other. I grab his hands, caressing the sides with my thumb. We hold each other with our gaze. I can't help but smile. "Alex, I love you. You are what I want. What I need. And I know that you didn't sign up for all the craziness I'm bringing into your life. I know you want a boyfriend who can hold your hand and show you affection, not just in private. I know you want someone who can stand up to their parents and tell them that he loves you. I know you want that, and you deserve that. I want to give you that. Trust me, I do. But-"

"But you can't. I know." He gives my hand a tight squeeze.

"Im sorry Alex." a small tear rolls down my cheek. "I'm really sorry."

Alex reaches over and wipes away the stray tear, but lets his hand linger on my cheek. I melt into the touch, smiling through teary eyes. "I don't want to lose you.'' I whimper.

Alex leans in, pressing his lips against mine. I throw my hands up, wrapping my arms around his neck. I kiss him back softly till he pulls back, resting his forehead against mine. "You're never gonna lose me Luke. Im yours, alright?"

I nod in response, a tear or two escaping as I sigh heavily, breathing in his scent. "Come here." He whispers, leaning back against his beanbag. He opens his arms, signaling for me to come to him. I crawl over and press my back against his bare chest. He throws the blanket over us and wraps his arms around me, holding me tight. He places small kisses on my head and the side of my neck.

"I love you" I whisper tenderly.

"I love you"

A few minutes pass and I start to hear Alex's slight snores. I smile to myself, snuggling into his chest, placing a small kiss before closing my eyes and falling into a night's sleep.

__________________________

Garage/Studio 10:57am Saturday 1994

Alex Pov

As I wake up I shift underneath Lukes body, causing his eyes to slowly flutter open and meet with mine.

"Morning" He whispers, nuzzling his nose into the side of my neck.

"What are your plans for today?" I yawn.

"Band rehearsal?"

"Not today. Reg dont got any liquids left in his body to keep him upright." Reggie ended up leaving early last night midway through the ceremony. He was yacking in the nearest trash can all night, even managed to use some old ladies purse when he couldn't make it to the bathroom.

"Then anything that involves spending time with you." He grins.

I groan, "I was planning on studying today, I need to pass these exams or they are moving me out of Art into Academic Success."

"Ugh, can't you just study tomorrow, we never get a day to ourselves." He complains, his lips curving into a small pout.

"If I pass these exams this week you'll have a happy boyfriend instead of a grumpy one during Winter break."

"Just six more days till holiday bliss."

"And by holiday bliss you mean no school."

Luke grins ear to ear, "Yup."