Chapter three

Reggies Room 8:21pm Saturday 1994

Reggies Pov

"You're stressing me out, bro just take a seat. Talk to me." I gesture to the gaming chair leaned up against the dresser.

"Oh! I'm stressing you out? He's stressing me out! I cant- I cant keep doing this. The constant hiding and secrets. Yo- you know that last month when we were making out in his room his mom barged in and he PUSHED me off the bed?!" He exclaims as he paces back and forth on my carpeted floor. "So i'm sorry if i'm stressing YOU out Reginald!"

I sink into my couch, "You don't need to be so harsh about it." I frown.

I know the bare minimum of what has caused this anxious freak to randomly come knocking on my front door and have him preparing for a marathon in my bedroom.

"Dude, just calm down, and tell me what Luke did this time." I instruct, gesturing to the chair once again. Alex runs his hands through his hair and releases a shaky breath before he takes a seat. "What's going on man?"

He leans over, his elbows on each leg, clasping his hands together. "Am I not worth it Reg?"

Ah vulnerability, something that's foregin coming from Alex. "Well I don't know what 'It' is, but whatever it is that you're referring to, then yeah. Of course you are, buddy."

"Am I just not enough of a reason for him to tell his parents? Or at least people at school? It's one thing having to hide it from his parents, but from people at school too? It's like we can only be together in that stupid garage.... I don't want to be shoved back into the closet anymore, Reg."

I stick my finger up indicating to give me a sec as I bend over and hurl into the trashcan next to me. "Sorry" I apologize as I wipe my mouth.

"Seriously Reggie? I'm being vulnerable here!"

"Im sorry, is my unwellness an inconvenience for you?" I chuckle.

"Quite frankly it is." He jokes.

I roll my eyes as I continue, "But for real though, this is something you'll need to discuss with him."

"I know, it's just though, it's like we are always on edge with one another. Constantly having to have these talks about how we aren't gonna leave the other." He looks down, signing into his palms. "When it's just the two of us, It's marvelous. We've never been happier. And I think it's the moments like those that keeps us together, ya know?"

"I'm no expert, but i've seen enough Full House to know that relationships aren't just about the good times."

"Can't it though?" He looks up at me hopefully.

I give him a small smile, shaking my head.

"Yeah. Well I'm just tired of having these talks with him. Everything was so easy in the beginning."

"Of course it was, you didn't see yourself nine months into the relationship and still had to hide it."

Alex snaps his fingers and points to me, "Yep."

"Even though i'm still completely unaware of what brought you here, what are you gonna do?"

"If it's cool with you imma just crash here," he pauses for a response, once I nod my head he continues. "And I guess I'll talk to him tomorrow after band practice."

________________________
Garage/Studio Saturday 1994

Luke's Pov

"So just talk to the guy. You'll apologize for being such a mego moron, he'll forgive, yall will kiss and make up and totally forget about this whole thing. Batabing Bataboom done deal."

I come up to the edge of the couch. "Love the enthusiasm Bobby, but I don't know if kiss and making up will do it this time. I've been putting the poor guy through the ringer. I pretty much just told him I want to date some chick to hide our relationship even more, what is wrong with me?!" I slap myself on the head. "And I know I'm forcing him to hide the part of himself that loves me when we are around others. And I get that's not fair of me to."

"Then stop forcing him to hide Luke. Tell your parents or let him go."

"I can't."

"You can't what? Tell your parents? Or let him go?"

"I can't do either. I can't lose either."

"You don't tell them you'll end up losing him, Luke. Maybe not today or next week, but you will lose him. And if you tell them, you don't know if you will lose them. You don't know if they will act like Alex parents." He explains.

"You think I don't know that Bobby?"

"Well you're acting like you don't. You're acting like your choices aren't clear. You keep hiding, you lose him. You stop hiding, there is a chance you won't lose anyone."

"I can't risk it Bobby."

He sighs in response, "This is hopeless."

"If he cares about me he will understand."

Bobby's eyes widen and brows furrow, "It's because he cares about you that he has put up with this for nine months Luke. It's because he cares about you that he doesn't want to hide what you guys have. The day that he becomes cool with it and 'Understands' is the day he no longer cares."

I know. He's right. Alex has been the most patient and respectful boyfriend to ever exist. As strong as he is, and kudos to him for putting up with me for this long, the boys got major anxiety. And I'm not making it any easier for him. He needs a break from... well, from me.