Part 6: Heat

💚 Please VOTE⭐ to show your support! 💚
---------

The King's face sit close to the omega's own. His stare, an unwavering glare. Yet in Zhan's eyes, this King is a man of exceptional charms, chiseled to perfection with no flaws to hide.

"My Lord..." The omega murmured in trance and his voice danced in the silent night attacking the defenseless King whose chest automatically clenched and tightened from those two soft words of whisper. Triggered by the summon, his pheromones spanned out uncontrolled, it's level saturating every breath the omega took.

It was dangerous.

Zhan's head spun. The Sandalwood scent sending him to euphoria, frightfully high he couldn't come back down. His breath quickened and his whole body flushed together with a kick of pain from his stomach.

'Heat.' He realized in horror, snapping out of his daydream, as the exotic scent of woody fragrance hijacked his system. The King's pheromones boost Zhan's heat, days in advance.

Only a strong Alpha can do that. Only one's fated mate can do that!

'No. I have to fight it.' Zhan whimpered in his head, ashamed of coming into heat when the King, who is his mate, still bears his doubts. Zhan knew he would be a mess if his heat thoroughly surged and he couldn't bare his Alpha despising him or accusing him of luring him with his pheromones.

If he got more unfortunate, he will surely be condemed disrespectful and irrevent. And without a doubt, his head would be cut off in front of the crowd and hanged for display and humiliation.

"I'm s-sorry, My Lord!" He cried, squirming for freedom, trying to break through the King's firm hand pinning him down, but he was only a rat in the lion's den. His Majesty's strength is ever omnipotent and invincible.

"Please. Please. Let me go, My Lord." He chanted in apprehension and terror, hanging lose between reality and his desirous need, fighting the dizzy spells and the burning of his nape which is craving to be marked.

The King felt what the omega felt albeit not understanding the core of such strong feelings of Zhan's fear. If he really is his mate, Yibo wants nothing else but to give him solace, care and love he deserves.

Yibo leaned in, caressing the omega's face with his palm which only knew how to fight, but now is learning to be gentle. His brow arched in worry and his amber cold eyes thawed into mellow orbs of a paler colour.

Zhan wanted to lean back to his touch, but he couldn't allow himself in his current state. 'Not like this.' He silently weeped. He knew he will hate himself to death if his heat provokes the King to mark him against his will. "Please!" Zhan's eyes stinged in shame and distress as he felt his slick leaking to his thighs. His smell of lavender and rose mingled with the King's Sandalwood scent, the mixture was extraordinarily sweet and intoxicating. "P-Please..." Zhan finally broke down in sobs and the King's hold instantly loosened. Yibo squished his eyes shut in pain from the sight of the omega's tears. He felt crestfallen and scourged.

Wangji growled within the confinement of Yibo's shell, angry, wanting to come out, but Yibo halted his uproar with a gentle shook of his dazed head.

Zhan took his Majesty's moment of inner battle as a chance to run, only for his attempt to land in vain. His body fell right straight to the floor with a disturbing thud. His weakened knees and wobbly legs refused to cooperate in his escape.

More slick came streaming down below him staining the castle's pristine floor. Zhan felt helpless, he could only hug himself and cry, mortified at himself for being such a feeble and undesireable omega.

He wailed in pitiful cries, asking Heaven why he was born so weak and an omega. His life of misery being looked down upon, bullied, exploited and harassed made him weep even more. He cried his heart out with the stream of clear liquids he always fails to cease and veil.

Zhan doesn't know, each cry, tear, sob and whimper causes a crack on the Mighty King's shields. Yibo's defenses crumbled into ruins. Irremediable. Unsalvageable.

The King grunted quietly when the sweet smell of the omega's pheromones lured him into an overwhelming need to claim Zhan as his' and make a lifetime bond by marking his nape with the King's insignia.

Wangji, his wolf, laughed at him in mockery and tease, playfully chanting "Mate!" over and over again. "Mark him." It ordered.

'Quiet.' Yibo required.

The strong effect of the omega's scent made him unstable and vulnerable beyond acceptance as the Almighty Ruler of Earth. Yibo was then sure, the omega named Wei Zhan was his soul mate, his other half, his destined one.

The full moon's coming was also a sign. It's peak clarity representing heightened spiritual culmination from the Gods. Destiny.

A smile broke the King's solemn and usually grim facade. He knew the Moon Goddess came with her full moon that night, watching this bond which Yibo had forsaken and yet the Deity kindly gave back.

8-Mar-2021