17

I wake up feeling eyes on me.

I feel a hand lightly rubbing my stomach.

"You're staring at me." I grumble. I am still not a morning person. Why does he have to wake me so early!?

"And you are carrying my pup." He responds and I feel his lips on my neck.  Not the worst way to wake up but uggg! No. Not waking up yet.

"Your point? Let me sleep and stop being creepy." I groan trying to push him away and I hear him laugh.

"I need to get up anyway. Training is in... ten minutes." Asher tells me and I sit up straight. Seeing my mate lead training is the highlight of my day.

"Why didn't you say something! I need to shower and get ready!" I try to jump out of bed only to be pulled back onto the plush surface.

"Stay here little mate. No way you are training now. You won't be fighting in the war with the pup coming anyway. Just relax, I'll be home for lunch and we can go over to the pack house." I tell her.

"No way! I'm fighting!" I argue. I have every right to help protect my pack! I will fight! I am Gamma Female AND The princess!

"If you want to fight go talk to the king. I'm sure your father will be on my side." He smirks at me and I growl knowing my father will have the same overprotective mindset.

"Fine." I grumble and lay back down. If I can't train I'm sleeping in. Stupid men! Stupid mate!

"Love you." Asher kisses my head as he makes his way to the bathroom. I yawn and roll over burying my head in the pillows as I mumble 'love you'. I fall asleep as the water starts in the shower.

•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Wake up little momma!" I hear as my blanket is rudely ripped from my peacefully sleeping frame.

"Why?" I grumble. "Not like my mate will let me do anything."

"Males can be overly protective of a pregnant mate. Just set him straight. Let that boy know you won't be ordered around for the next 5 months." My momma says.

"He says I can't train." I complain.

"Since when have you liked training?" She responds with a raised eyebrow.

"Since my mate leads it. Since a war is coming!" I answer.

"Compromise my dear. Find a way to get what you want while giving him what he wants. He wants you safe as you carry his pup so agree to no combat as long as you can attend training. That way you get to watch your mate yell at people and he feels you are safe. Leave the whole 'fighting in the war' thing for later." She advises.

"I guess that could work... so why are you here Ma?" I ask.

"We, my girl, need to plan the nursery for my grandpup." She smiles at me and I sigh.

"I'm barley even pregnant. Can't this wait? I haven't slept in in months!" I complain.

"It's nearly noon. You have slept in. Now we need to have the room done before you are to big to help." She says.

"Okay then let's plan." I agree.

°•°•°•°•°•

"How was the training you won't allow me to attend?" I ask as soon as Asher comes home. Maybe I'm still a little bitter he won't let me go.

"You don't even like training. Why are you complaining? You now have an excuse." He responds. Why does everyone think I hate training? I hate waking up there's a difference.

"I don't like being told what to do either." I huff and he sighs.

"I'm sorry I made you stay home but I love you and I want you and our baby safe." He tells me making it hard to stay mad.

"And I love you for that but chill a little... please? I'm not an invalid. I can jog around the field and watch fights. That way I can still spend time with you." I suggest.

"Fine... but don't tell me you didn't enjoy the extra sleep." His grin makes me roll my eyes as I go over to the couch and take a seat. "By the way Carter is coming over tonight for dinner."

"Gosh I haven't talked to him in a while... after his mate died leaving him with a three year old pup he just stopped communicating with anyone. How did you get him to come?" I ask Carter is a bit odd but his mate, Faith was a good friend.

"He is one of my best fighters. He's the first person who forgave me outside your family. We chat a bit during training." He answers.

"Well it will be good to see him again. Is he bringing little Desmond?" I continue I miss the pup. I'm sure Faith would want me to look after her pup.

"I'd assume so." Asher shrugs.

"This is great! That boy is adorable and Carter needs some friends." I turn off the TV we weren't really watching and run to the kitchen to start the food. "Come help me we have a dinner to make!" I yell and hear him chuckle as he follows me in.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

Okay so this story is almost over and you just may hate me for the ending. For the record I planned a different ending but sometimes the characters hijack the story and take it in a different direction. Blame the characters not me. I'll just post the rest considering it is finished. No sense making you wait!