21

"Daaaaaaad! Come on!" I feel little arms pulling at me and I groan as I open my eyes.

"Yes princess." I mumble not wanting to sit up.

"Get up! You said you'd teach me to fight today!" My six year old pup whines jumping on my chest.

"And why do you want to fight so badly little wolf?" I ask sitting up.

"Cuz I need to!" Willow huffs sitting on my lap.

"You little miss are a princess. You should be having tea parties and playing dress up not fighting. Can't you wait until you are twelve? Most pups don't start training until they are older." I argue.

"Mommy would let me. You said she was a great warrior! I can be one too! Plus you are Gamma! It's in my blood." She says and I can't help but smile.

We've made a point of making sure Willow knows who her mother was. We celebrate Emily's birthday every year. Nothing to big. Its more like a dia de los Muertos thing. We get together and tell stories. We make sure Emily's memory lives on in her daughter.

Willow is a lot like her mom which is why this wanting to train is so odd. She's not Lazy per say its more that sleeping in holds a higher priority than most other things.

"It's very true that your mother was a great warrior but she also avoided training like she was allergic to it. Much like another little girl I know who is never up before 10am without a fight." I say tickling my little pup. "So I'll ask again why do you want to train so badly?"

"Blaine Mitchell." She huffs crossing her arms. "He keeps picking on me!" I try not to chuckle at her little pout.

"What does he do?" I ask.

"He keeps pushing James every time we play together! He won't let any of the other boys near me and you know girls are just too irritating to hang out with! Then he keeps throwing his pencil at me and he bumps into me on purpose! He won't leave me alone!" She rants.

"I think he likes you little wolf." I tell her. No way am I ready for boys yet sooo... "you know what I think you are on the right track. From now on if a boy likes you I want you to kick him as hard as you can in his private area." I tell her. No boys for my little girl! Not until she's 30. Even then he better be her mate.

"He likes me!" She smiles. No! That was not the point!

"That's all you got from that? Come on Willow you are right you need to know how to fight off all the boys." I tell her.

"Never mind daddy. It's to early to be up anyway. I'm gonna go back to bed." She says jumping off my bed and heading to the door.

"What about Blaine?" I ask and she smiles again.

"I'll tell you after school!" She says and skips out the door. "Blaine Mitchell likes me! Blaine Mitchell likes me!" I hear her sing on her way back to her room and I groan throwing myself back on my bed. Looks like I'm gonna have to have the mates talk earlier than planned.

"You know this is your fault! You had to tell our pup this punk likes her." My wolf scolds me

"I know. I thought having a girl would be easier!" I tell him.

"Okay here's what we do, we got the kids name so we find him and order him to leave her alone! We are Gamma after all." My wolf says.

"Calm down Wolfie. We don't even know if he is a wolf. Plus that is an abuse of power. We wait until she brings him home then scare the crap out of him. That way we only terrify the kid if he gets to close. She may be over him by dinner anyway." I suggest.

"But if he comes over I can run him off crying?" He asks and I smile.

"Of course old friend. We have to protect our pup."

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

If you want to see a grown up Willow and Asher as a dad the next book is The King's Rouge and A Princess.