19

I wake up to a cold bed.

It's way to early to be up and Ash's scent is stale, telling me he has been gone a while.

"Dad have you seen... Hey what's going on?" I ask entering my father's office to find Asher, Uncle Ryan and his mate, my dad, and a random guy about the age of my mate. Markie, Ryan's mate, is crying and the mystery guy looks in shock.

"Emily, this is one of my brothers Anhur. He is going to join us after we get him off those drugs." Asher tells me taking my hand and pulling me into him.

"He is also my eldest son." Ryan says.

"Hello Emily it's great to meet family. And please call me Charlie. Like Titan here I'd like to use my birth name even if I can't remember." His smile turns sad a moment at not remembering but he catches himself showing his bright teeth.

"Nice to meet you cousin... I actually remember you if you want to talk some time." I offer shaking his hand.

"I'd love that!" His smile turns genuine.

"Don't worry son you'll remember... and even if you don't we have years ahead of us to make new ones." Ryan assures him.

"But for now we need to get you to the doc." Dad says putting a hand on his shoulder. "The next few weeks are gonna be rough, pup."

Charlie nods as they walk to the door with Ryan and Markie following.

"So now they lost another super soldier. Looks like the odds will be in our favor." I say smiling at my mate.

"Aries is ticked. He wants to kill me now... all this means is we have even more time. They will need to build a stronger army without Anhur, Charlie, but now Aries is even more angry. He believes everything the commander told us... he thinks I'm a traitor." Asher sighs.

"We will win the war, Asher, and if we can we will save Aries. Charlie is home. Right now let's focus on that." I tell him as I wrap my arms around his waist.

°•°•°•°•°

It's been five months and my baby girl is due any day. Charlie and I have spent a lot of time together. The boy is a clown he gets along well with Atticus well. Even tho he is all laughs I see him get the same look Asher does. That haunted look that tells you he's been through and done a lot. He is helping Asher train the warriors.

Everyone is ready now we are just waiting for someone to make a move. Ash and Charlie are sure they will attack soon but its been months and months. They say the Commander and Aries will never give up but the waiting is maddening!

Meanwhile Ash has taken some time off to take care of me until the baby comes. It sounds sweet but that boy can be a bit overbearing. I can't do anything without him right beside me. It's sweet yea but also annoying.

"I'm going for a walk." I yell to Asher from my place on the living room couch.

"Alright let's go." I hear him respond as he walks in.

"I can go myself." I argue holding out my hand for help up. He chuckles! Chuckles at the woman carrying his pup!

"Stand up on your own and I'll let you go for a walk on your own." He responds and I glare at him.

"Fine." I huff and after much effort stand. "I'm goin' on a walk stay here, look pretty." I smirk as I pass him patting his chest.

I walk outside and head into the woods. Its not long before I stop in my tracks extremely irritated.

"I thought I said I was going to walk alone!" I yell knowing he is behind me.

"I can't let you go off alone." He tells me as he catches up to where I am.

"Why not? I'm plenty capable of going on a walk plus they say it helps induce labor and your pup is as stubborn as you!" I yell at him. Can't I get one minute of peace!

"And if you go into labor alone in the woods?" He argues.

"That won't happen." I say as I feel a pain in my abdomen and look down.

"You don't know that Meme. Just let me go with you in case something happens." He says and I punch him in the arm.

"No you idiot! I won't be alone when I go into labor beca..." try to tell him but the fool cuts me off.

"You don't know that. Please let me take care of you." Asher says.

"Then take me to the doctor!" I yell.

"Why?" He asks confused.

"Because I'm in labor you IDIOT!" I scream and he just freezes! "NOW!" I hold onto my stomach as another contraction hits. Now I know why I've been uncomfortable all morning.

"Okay!" My mate scoops me up and runs me back to the pack house. "We're gonna have a baby!"

"I don't see you doing much!" I scream back. I'm the one with this thing forcing its way out of me.

"Is it time?" My dad asks running over to us.

"No! I'm yelling for the fun of iiiiitttt!" I yell as another contraction hits.

"I'll link your mom. You can do this little wolf." Dad tells me and Ash runs to the infirmary.

"Get this thing out of me!" I yell as soon as I see the doctor.

"We will princess Emily but we have to wait until the baby is ready. Your first pup could take hours." The doctor tells me and I growl.

"I can feel her ripping me in half! She is ready to come out! So do your job or I'll rip you in half!!" I yell snarling at the doctor. He just smiles and starts his checks.

"Well it looks like you're right. This pup is eager to see you." He says.

It took 10 hours to push that pup out... well they said it was only an hour and 37 minutes but it felt like a year! It was all worth it when I saw her face my little girl. I feel myself begin to doze as I look at her.

"Come on, I think little Willow needs some daddy time and mommy needs to rest." Ash says picking up our pup. I'm too tired to argue.

The last thing I see is my mate looking lovingly down at the bundle of blankets in his arms before drifting off to sleep.

¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤

Author time!

okay so I'm curious about which characters resonate with My readers. We all have our favorites so tell me yours!

Emily

Asher (Titan)

Alpha King Alic

Matthias or Atticus (Emily's brothers)

Other?

let me know!