07

I wake up still wearing his shirt. I sigh happy as I inhale his sent. That was the best sleep of my life!

"Mate is upset." My wolf whines.

"How do you know? We can't hear his thoughts until we are marked." I respond.

"His wolf is worried about him... the human is depressed." She tells me.

"Well we'll have to help him. Who better to make him happy than his mate?" I say then hear a knock at my door. Chelsie, Matthias's mate, walks right in.

"So we have another royal mate I hear." She says sitting next to me. "Spill sister! I want all the details of Mr. Hot and dangerous."

"Dad says I can't see him so no details." I answer.

"Yet you are wearing his shirt.... I think my little sister in law is hiding something... okay I'm taking you out and we're gonna talk!" She pulls me out of my bed. "You have thirty minutes. Get ready then we'll go have a girls day."

This 'girls day' is really just us going out to lunch and a movie. It's a simple day but as it goes on I feel like she is just trying to keep me away from home.

"Okay what's going on?" I finally ask her once the movie is over and she insists we have to watch all the credits in case of extra content. I mean seriously! She took me to a chick flick not a Marvel movie!

"Nothing... why do you ask?" She feigns ignorance.

"I'm going home." I state and begin to leave the theater.

"No! Not yet." She says grabbing my arm to stop me.

"Explain Now!" I command her. Got ta love being a royal. She doesn't want to answer but has no choice.

"I'm supposed to keep you away for the day..." I growl giving her a look to tell her to continue. "The King is deciding the fate of the wolf who attacked Alpha Ryan's pack." She finishes and I let lose a growl that has her shaking and run out. I shift as soon as I reach the woods and bolt home.

"DAD!" I yell crashing into his office.

"Good evening, Emily. Please come in." He says ignoring my anger.

"You sent me away! You are deciding the fate of my mate! MY MATE! And you didn't think I should be here!" I scream.

"Have a seat." He responds calm as ever.

"I don't want to sit, Father! How could you pass judgment on him without me here!?" I continue my yelling.

"I wasn't sure what I was going to do with him yet. I didn't want you here if I had to do something drastic." He tells me.

"You didn't! You... Dad tell me you didn't kill my mate!" I beg him.

"Sweetie if he were dead you would feel it. He has a room upstairs. He's...." I get up and run upstairs. "Emily!" I hear him yell but I completely ignore him as I find my mate.

I follow my nose to his room and knock on the door. It takes forever, okay so maybe it was only a few seconds, for him to answer the door. Finally I see him and my jaw drops. His dark brown hair is wet like he just got out of the shower.

"Hello Emily." He says with a smile.

"Hello Titan." I push past him trying not to openly stare at him. "I heard you were moved in here. Had to see it for myself. How'd you get Dad to let you go?" I sit on his bed. I am trying to be cool. I hope he doesn't see how nervous I am.

"Please call me Asher... and when you become Gamma they pull you out of the cells." He tells me. He makes a joke but that's a lot of information in one sentence.

"Gamma?! Cool! Congratulations... so why am I calling you Asher all of the sudden?" I ask.

"That's my name. Titan was the name given to me by a man who took me as a child." He explains. I open my mouth to ask for more information but close it again and nod. He obviously doesn't want to talk about it.

"Well it's nice to meet you Asher." I smile at him. "You've got to be hungry... let's go!" I grab his hand and drag him out. I'm not really all that hungry but I want to spend time with him. Especially after thinking my dad killed him I have no intention of letting him out of my sight.

"Mate!" My wolf growls making me focus on his hand in mine. I love this!