𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽: 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎

"Are you ready?" Diane asked Sarah, who stood nervously at her side before the large, white doors to Diane's office

"As I'll ever be," Sarah responded with a semi-confident nod.

Diane pushed the doors open and Sarah was immediately met with the sight of four new individuals gathered in front of Diane's desk. They all turned to look at Diane and Sarah as they entered the room and Sarah felt herself shrink beneath their gaze.

"Sarah, I'd like you to meet your team," Diane announced with a smile. "Amelia, Hazel, Sam, and Daniel."

One-by-one, each of her teammates rose their hands as their name was called. Amelia had long, wavy black hair that fell to her waist, olive-colored skin, and piercing dark brown eyes. Hazel stood next to her, with short blonde hair and glasses that sat on a freckled nose. Next was Sam, whose light brown hair stopped in a blunt bob at her chin and small stature brought her just short of her teammates' shoulders. Last was Daniel, the tallest, who had buzzed hair and smooth, ebony skin. They all looked to be about her age, if not a couple years older, and they were all stunningly beautiful. What was in the Helian water?

"Hi," Sarah greeted them quietly, raising her hand to give them a small wave.

"Here's the mission," Diane began. She moved to stand behind her desk and pulled a slim, metal panel out from the drawer. She set the strange item on the desk for them all to see and after pressing something in its corner, a holographic picture appeared in the air.

Sarah took a step back in surprise, not quite ready for the futuristic technology that sat before her. While the Diagonal was a strange blend of different worlds, she wasn't quite sure where they had gotten this.

The hologram flickered and changed until a desert-like scene appeared before them.

"We were able to detect three creatures in Jakar on the southern edge of the dimension," Diane continued. "They're away from Jakarian civilization, but they still pose a threat. We need you five to eliminate them before they can cause any more trouble."

"Should be easy enough," Amelia said with a curt nod.

"I expect that you all should be able to handle this situation swiftly and safely, but should you need any reinforcements, we've got people standing by. Thanks to Sarah, the Dark Dimension, or the Upside Down as she knows it, is destroyed, but until every last piece of it is wiped out, no dimension is safe."