𝟓𝟎𝐊 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Hopper, over here!" Steve called out, waving his hand towards the Chief of Police who had just entered The Silver Cat

"Hopper, over here!" Steve called out, waving his hand towards the Chief of Police who had just entered The Silver Cat. He patted the stool next to him at the bar and Hopper strode over with a smile on his face.

"How's it going, Harrington?" Hopper asked as he pulled his hat and gloves off and set them on the bar. A dusting of snow fell to the floor as he unzipped his thick winter coat.

"Oh, you know...work and...more work," Steve answered, sloshing the whiskey around in his glass.

"What can I get you, Chief?" Robin asked, appearing from out of thin air to take his order.

"A new taillight on your car would be nice," Hopper answered with a knowing look. "I see you still haven't replaced it from when I pulled you over last week."

Robin blushed in embarrassment. "Busted..." she muttered to herself.

"Just like your taillight," Hopper teased, a smile growing beneath his moustache. "I'll take it easy on you tonight so you can get home safe, but if you're not able to get it fixed in the next couple days be sure to have Vickie drive you to work."

"Yes, Chief," Robin agreed, elongating the syllables like an annoyed child would do when responding to their overbearing parent.

"I'll take a Miller," Hopper answered her question at long last. Robin grabbed a bottle from the fridge, popping the cap off with a bottle opener and sliding the open bottle towards him. He tipped it towards her in thanks before taking a sip. "So, what did you want to talk to me about, Steve?"

"I have...some exciting news," Steve replied, taking a sip of whiskey to boost his confidence.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, um..." Steve began, clearing his throat with a cough. "I'm...I'm going to..."

Hopper waited patiently, sipping at his beer.

Steve pulled at the collar of his shirt, a bead of sweat rolling down his neck. When he struggled to get the words from his mind to his mouth, he sighed in defeat and began digging his hand in his pocket, nearly falling off his stool in the process. When he finally dug the object out, he placed it on the bar top for Hopper to see.