𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽: 𝚂𝚃𝚅𝙵𝚃𝙷𝚁

"Diane," Sarah repeated, her brows furrowed in suspicion

"Diane," Sarah repeated, her brows furrowed in suspicion. She was still seated on the coffee table where she had tripped, Quinn hovering over her, but she had already anticipated every move that Quinn could possibly make and planned a response for each one while Quinn was recounting her story. She was ready for anything. Or at least, she had been up until that surprising revelation. "My mother, Diane. She helped you to escape?"

Quinn simply nodded her head in response, her expression calm but her eyes gleaming with excitement.

Sarah's head was swimming, or more accurately drowning, in thoughts. Trusting her mother had always been a struggle at best, but she never thought Diane would actually do anything to hurt her or the ones she loved.

"What's the point in telling me all of this?"

"A couple reasons," Quinn answered as she began to pace in front of the coffee table. "First, to let you know that you can't use James' mind control abilities against me. I know you've been thinking about it." Quinn paused to wag her finger with a sly smirk. Her eyes then narrowed as she leaned down to look directly into Sarah's eyes. "Hello James, I can see you rattling around in there. I'm sure you remember our last meeting?"

"Shit. I think she's onto us."

Sarah quickly pulled her eyes away so that Quinn couldn't see how much this information unsettled her. She didn't like using James' ability to control others but it was at least a small comfort to know that she could use it as a last resort. Now she didn't even have that option.

"Even if you don't make eye contact with me I can still get a general sense of what you're thinking," Quinn remarked after she noticed Sarah avoiding her gaze. "It's not always as clear, especially if I'm further away, but I can pick up on emotions and intentions if they're strong enough."

"Good to know," Sarah muttered.

"As I was saying," Quinn continued after clearing her throat. "I also told you all of this so that you'd understand that we're not so different."

Sarah's eyes gravitated towards Quinn's and for a split second she envied Quinn's ability to read minds. She wanted to know exactly what Quinn meant by that, exactly what she was thinking.