8

“Wah……”

Krische looked around with sparkling eyes.
The shelves are filled with pots, frying pans, knives and ladles.
These are common items but they are rich in variety and their high quality is visible at a glance.

The kitchen took up a whole room by itself and everything you needed for cooking is available.
Krische excitedly asked Bery about this and that and Bery patiently answered.

The facilities are all designed to use mana, no fire is used.
Blue crystals known as magic crystals are used for heating and cooling.
A pump is used to draw water from a well and send water through a pipe to this kitchen.
A refrigerator is used to delay the expiry of foodstuffs.

A kitchen designed around mana.
This was enough to destroy Krische’s very concept of cooking, in the past, all she had done was place a cutting board on the ground.
Krische was shocked by the extravagance of using a whole room just for cooking.

“Krische-sama must really like cooking. I did not expect you to want to see the kitchen first.”
“Eh, ah…… yes, I like, cooking.”

Krische finally realised how excited she had been acting and answered embarrassedly, fidgeting.
Her beautiful silver hair swayed with her movements as her white cheeks blushed red.
The sight of her large eyes wavering, surrounded by those long eyelashes was indescribably adorable and Bery could no longer hold herself back.

“Wah.”

Bery hugged Krische tightly, stroking her head.

“Ufufu, why are you so cute…… if there is anything you want to know, please ask me. Would you like to cook together?”
“Er……? Yes……”

Krische seemed to be okay with it so Bery enjoyed hugging her for a while before pulling away and putting a hand to her chin, falling into thought.

“Let’s see. I was planning to prepare dinner after showing you to your room…… but would Krische-sama like to join me?”
“Can I……?”
“Yes. It might be rude to make a guest help with the cooking…… but if Krische-sama wishes to help, I am in no position to refuse.”
“……th, then, Krische also, wants to cook.”
“Great, great! Then……I have Master’s permission today, so let’s make a grand dinner.”
“Okay.”

Krische nodded with a wide smile.

They cooked together, Bery teaching Krische how to use each piece of equipment along the way, but since Krische manipulated mana on a daily basis, she was quick to learn how to operate magic crystals for simple heating, impressing Bery. They briskly prepared the ingredients as Bery guided Krische.

Bery had a good environment and the chance to learn from books, her skill in cooking awed Krische.
Krische is self-taught and can make the most out of limited ingredients, but she lacks knowledge and everything is based on experience.
Bery taught Krische how to handle the ingredients and why while Krische readily absorbed the knowledge like water in desert sand.

Each shelf and table had been placed with careful consideration for efficient cooking and Bery made full use of them.
Not only that, Bery had abundant knowledge and talent, an excellent palate and spared no efforts in her cooking.
To Krische, Bery is an extremely good teacher.
Her explanations are clear and understandable while her handling of ingredients and knifework were like art.
Bery’s cooking is far beyond Krische’s, Krische quickly admitted that and grew attached to Bery.
To Bery, Krische is also a good student and her heart was stolen by the sight of Krische clutching a kitchen knife with glittering eyes.

By the time they had completed a few dishes, they had developed an extremely strong bond of trust between them and Bery loved Krische from the bottom of her heart.