29

Soon after passing through the Dragon’s Maw――They arrived at Mitskronetia.
This fort was named after the hero Mitskronia and was originally built to defend against the northern barbarians, but it is now a key trading hub connecting the Kingdom’s center to the north.
The Dragon’s Maw is flanked by mountains, the ground is steep and footing is unstable. It is natural for many merchants and travelers take a break at Mitskronetia and eventually people started settling there――so the fortress Miskronetia became a large trading town.
Trade from the northern Kingdom and Arna Empire pass through here before being distributed to the south.

The market here is famous for its vibrancy with streets packed with shops and open air stalls.
This town had established a free market district to stimulate the economy, anyone could trade tax-free just by setting up a stall in this district.
This district expanded as the town developed and is now a two square league area packed with stalls.
Since they had arrived early, Bery brought Krische and Selene to the market, accompanied by three soldiers.

Krische was in a good mood with her arm entwined with Bery’s as she looked around excitedly.
There are many ingredients that she had never seen back at the estate, so many novelties.
Selene had also started learning to cook recently and they chatted as they explored the market.

“Here, Bery, Aaahn.”
“Krische-sama, er……okay, thank you……”

Bery had bought Krische some fruits and snacks.
Krische fed Bery a small fruit and ate one herself.
The small fruit is a nirkana fruit, a fruit similar to strawberries but sugary sweet.
Krische’s lips relaxed into a smile as she enjoyed the taste.

It is gluttonous and embarrassing to be the only one eating.
So Krische usually fed Bery before eating herself. But this is not in their estate, Bery’s face was bright red as Krische fed her in public.

Although she is their servant, Bery is also a proper noble.
Eating while walking is already embarrassing enough for her, being fed by Krische makes it even more so.
Bery herself also enjoys feeding Krische and does it often, but that is in the estate.

Bery was educated as a noble and shares their values.
Although she does not prejudice against the commoners eating on the streets, it is very embarrassing to do it herself.
But she is unable to tell Krische that when Krische looks so happy.

Krische grew up in a village and it was normal to pluck fruits and just eat them on the spot.
Giving each other food like this was an everyday thing.
Since Bery knows their sense of values are completely different, it is hard for her to say anything.
Nobles’ values are not necessarily more correct than others.
Bery has no intentions of raising Krische to be a proper noble, she just wants Krische to be happy.
As a result, this thinking limited Bery’s actions and the embarrassing act continued.

“Ehehe, delicious.”
“Y, yes……”
“Selene too, here, it is delicious. Aahn.”
“……I will refrain. I won’t be able to eat dinner otherwise.”

Selene’s attire is a white shirt and black riding pants that flare out at the thighs.
It matches Krische’s black cloak with silver embroidery.

Selene had given up on the scene next to her, but adamantly refused Krische’s innocent offer herself.
Accepting such an offer on the street would be embarrassing.
Even if she might accept it indoors (where it has already become a habit as of late), she has no interest in being publicly humiliated.

Selene’s eyes seemed to say ‘you deserve it’ as she looked at Bery.

“That’s why I told you to stop. This was clearly going to happen……”
“Y, yes but……I cannot help it……”
“This is because you’re always doing these kind of things, I’m not helping you.”
“Uu……”