37

The estate’s entranceway.
Bogan and Selene were kneeling to welcome Kreschenta.
Since the princess is visiting, both of them are dressed in simplified dress uniform for military nobles.
Riding pants with a cloth vest――quilted armor with a cloak.
Krische and Bery are wearing skirts so they are not kneeling, instead they bowed deeply at the waist and lowered their heads.

“Oh, please raise your heads. This is an anonymous visit.”
“……yes, your highness.”

Right after an anonymous visit from Gildanstein, here is another one from Kreschenta.
He had just been warned to stay away from politics, this situation is making Bogan’s stomach hurt.
Why has she come here?
Bery had also seemed confused when she told him about this yesterday.

“I do not have any friends around my age……so I would like to get along with Krische-sama. Right, Krische-sama?”
“Yes, er, your highness?”

Kreschenta nodded in satisfaction but Selene glared at Krische.
Krische’s explanation had been vague, as was Bery’s.
Their explanation that the princess had taken a liking to Krische and will be coming over to play as a friend did not make sense.
Bery had seemed troubled and asked Selene and Bogan to wait and see for a while, but in the end, they still do not know Kreschenta’s true intentions.

No matter how you looked at her, Krische is not the type of person to easily make ‘friends’.
In fact, she is hopelessly bad at it.
It is quite hard to believe that when the princess just happened to talk to Krische, Krische not only did not anger her, but even became friends.

There is also the question of why Kreschenta showed up here instead of summoning Krische to the palace.
Selene looked closely at Kreschenta’s face.
A pretty――fairy-like, adorable face.
The princess’ beauty is famous in high society and she is just as beautiful as rumoured.
Her young, but perfect features looked somewhat similar to Krische.

“The matching dresses with Krische-sama was beautiful, but you also look wonderful, dignified in dress uniform.”
“It is an honour, your highness.”
“I have heard about your and Krische’s contributions. If there is a chance, I would like to hear more about it.”
“It would be my delight. If you would like to, we could talk about it with Krische now.”

Kreschenta looked like she was enjoying something as Selene replied with a smile.

“I have a promise with Krische-sama. Sorry, but not today.”
“Please forgive me for my impertinence, your highness.”
“It is fine, I was happy to hear it……could you guide me to the room?”
“Understood.”

Bery bowed her head.
After watching the four of them go, including Nora silently following behind, Selene sighed.

“……I don’t get it. Why did the princess come?”

There was no response, she turned to Bogan but he seemed lost in thought.

“Otou-sama?”
“……no, I just had a stupid thought. Well, as Bery said, let’s wait and see. Bery is a smart girl.”
“……indeed. I just hope Krische does not do something stupid.”

In the end, that is Selene’s main concern.

Once they were in Krische’s room, Kreschenta and Krische sat on diagonally opposite sofas as Bery brewed tea for them.
Kreschenta stared at her, then at Krische adding plenty of milk to her own tea.
Krische noticed her gaze and also added the same amount of milk to Kreschenta’s tea.

Krische adds a large amount of milk to her tea to lower it to a more suitable temperature, but it is quite a lot more than what most people would add.
Bery looked at Kreschenta in concern. Kreschenta looked embarrassed, but also seemed quite happy.
She happily took a sip.