23-Preparation for THE ECLIPSE

Third Person's POV

"Sunghoon. It's so late already. Can we go home now?"

Sunghoon glanced at him. He was lost for a moment, thinking about the eclipse. He smiled to him.

"Yeah sure. Let's go. I'll walk you home."

He spoke. They went down to the car. Walking with the Moon's light, they felt comfortable. Just with each other's presence, they felt at ease. And they knew that they are feeling just the 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦.

Weeks had passed. Jake and Sunghoon had become a lot closer. Sunghoon seems to have his routine every single day.

Go to school. Study. Wait for Jake. Walk him home. Repeat. It was such a never ending saga but he's liking it. He's used to it.

Jake is also feeling the same. But certainly, not for 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. He stared at his reflection in the mirror.

'The day has come again Jake. You can do it.'

His eyes caught a familiar steel in his sink, he held it carefully.

'I hope I won't be using you for tonight.'

He took a deep breath. Calming himself.

'There will be a lunar eclipse tonight. But I guess I won't be seeing it this time.'

He erased his thoughts, focusing on ending the day a lot quicker, he got ready for school.

As expected, the day did ended a lot quicker. Sunghoon waited for him after class again, walking side by side, both of them are quiet.

Jake wanted to ask why Sunghoon seems to be so quiet for today but he has his thoughts about himself too.

And Sunghoon is thinking the same. He's worried about the 𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴𝘦.

Arriving at their gate, Sunghoon finally spoke.

"I'll visit you tonight."

Jake stopped.

"You will what?"

"I'll visit you tonight. Just for a few hours. Can I?"

"Alright."

'That's it?'

Sunghoon thought that he'll argue and tell him not to, but surprisingly, Jake agreed.

'He feels empty today. Why's that?'

"You better go home already then. See you later."

Before Sunghoon could even reply, Jake turned his back to him.

'What happened to you?'

Instead of pushing him, he walked out and proceeded to walk home, preparing for what's going to happen later.

A few hours before the said eclipse, Sunghoon arrived already. Clicking the door bell, he waited for Jake to come out.

"You're early?"

"Yeah. I really don't have anything to do."

Well. That was a half lie. He has so many things that he could do but he just can't wait. He's feeling extra nervous as it's his first eclipse with 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦.

He haven't felt the pain of the eclipse before. It was said that the pain is different before and after you meet your mate. Because of course, you will finally have someone to comfort you during those times.

And now, it's 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥.