27-Cuts

Third Person's POV

-Another warning~
cw // self harm, blood-

Slowly, he opened his bathroom, his eyes landing on the sink.

'Here we go again.'

He saw his reflection. His hair was messy. His eyes are puffy and red. Dry tears all over his face. He looks tired.

He stared at the razor blade before carefully getting it.

Setting it on his wrist, he slowly added a line.

'It's too deep.'

Adding another one. And another one. He had three cuts on his left wrist.

He hissed as he starts to feel the pain. Letting the blood drip on his sink, he closed his eyes.

'Everything's going to be alright. It will be over soon.'

He gave him a self pat.

'Good job Jake. You can do it. Like what you always do from the past 5 years.'

Jake started cutting when he was 14. Yes, too young. After his parent's death, he need to find his own distraction. And he found himself doing it.

He knew it was wrong. But he can't manage to sleep again after him waking up in his nightmare. And he found him cutting to distract him.

He trembled again. Washing off his new cuts, he applied medicine.

'I still have classes tomorrow. I need to hide these.'

He told himself as he layed on his bed. Feeling his tiredness, he closed his eyes.

"You survived another year Jake. You did well."

He comforted himself until he fell asleep.

Meanwhile. Sunghoon sat up from his bed.

"JAKE!"

He looked around. He felt like he had been running. He felt Jake.

'He's calm? But why.....'

He layed back. Taking deep breaths, he calmed himself.

'Don't worry Sunghoon. You'll see him tomorrow.'

The next morning, Jake went to school very early. He texted Sunghoon he will go to school earlier.

He slumped on his chair. He wore a jacket to cover his cuts. The cut still stings as he had it a little bit deeper than his usual.

Covering his left hand very well, he rested his head on the table. He prepared to sleep.

Heeseung and Sunoo entered the room. Heeseung immediately stopped.

"Sunoo. Do you smell that?"

Sunoo stopped. He sniffed the air.

"Why does it smells so sweet? I want a bite!"

Heeseung looked at him.

"Are you crazy?"

"What hyung? That smells so sweet~"

"Sunoo. It's magnolias."

Sunoo stopped. he searched the room, eyes landing on the sleeping Jake, he gulped.

"Hyung. I didn't mean it."

Heeseung looked at him and on Jake.

"Look. Later. I'm sure Sunghoon will search for him. The moment he does, let's give them space okay?"

"But hyung. What if he can't stop himself?"

"Sunoo. It's his mate. I'm sure he won't just mark him all of a sudden."

Sunoo nodded as he looked at Jake, sitting beside him, he caressed his head that is hidden in the hood of his jacket.

'What happened to you?'

Lunch came. Heeseung and Sunoo guarded the door. Jake looked at the two.

"What's the matter?"

"I think I lost something hyung. Can you help me search for it?"

Sunoo spoke as he grabbed Jake's hand. They tried to search for a so called missing thing that Sunoo had said.

Heeseung glanced around. Eyes waiting for Sunghoon to arrive. And when he saw him approaching he sighed.

'I hope everything will turn out to be fine. Please don't hurt him Sunghoon. I know you won't. I trust you.'

Sunghoon walked towards Heeseung. The man held his shoulders.

"Listen here Park Sunghoon—"

"Let me see my mate."

'Dang that scent of him. Now I can't say my words before he enters.'

Heeseung gave way to Sunghoon. Seeing the two still search for something that's not missing, he called Jake.

"Jake."

Sunghoon called him out. Jake stopped giggling. He looked at Sunghoon. He smiled.

"Hi. How are you?"

Instead of replying, Sunghoon walked towards him, grabbing his left hand, he pulled him outside. Sunoo went to Heeseung.

"Hyung. Do you think they'll be okay?"

"They will be Sunoo. They will be."

They watched the two walk away. Sunghoon was dragging Jake to the garden.