24-The Kid Before

Third Person's POV

"You can sit there. And make yourself at home. It's not like there's somebody else here besides the two of us."

Jake said as he went to the kitchen, preparing a drink for him.

Sunghoon went to sit down, eyes roaming around their living room.

'Isn't he lonely here? This house is big for him. It's even a little bit bigger than ours.'

His eyes stared at one particular photo. He held it as the he remembered someone.

"Do I look cute? Haha"

Startled, he put the picture frame immediately.

"I was just kidding."

Jake went to sit beside him. Sunghoon stared at him, then on the picture. And again. And again. And again.

"Why? What's the matter?"

"This is you?"

He spoke as he raised the picture frame again. Jake looked at him.

"Yeah. That's a photo taken by my d-dad."

Jake said. Sunghoon felt him get sad but he cheered himself up.

'That's my baby.'

"You know what? I think we're really destined."

"What do you mean?"

Jake stared at him. He gave him his coffee. Taking a sip, Sunghoon answered.

"Seven years ago, I met a 𝘬𝘪𝘥 in the park. He was crying. And I hate cry babies that time so I stopped him. But when I saw him, I felt sad. But he stopped crying. I have him my handkerchief and he took it. He said thank you. I wanted to ask why was he crying alone but he already stood up. I asked him if he will go there the next day, he said yes. And I waited for him. And waited. And waited. But he never came. And now I'm going to find out, that the kid that I've met seven years ago was 𝘺𝘰𝘶? 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥."

Sunghoon explain. He's surprised yes. But it's just fits for him. How he met Jake even before he knew that he was his mate. How everything is 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘭𝘺 falling to place.

Jake stood up. He went upstairs and entered his room. Coming back, Sunghoon asked him.

"Where'd you go?"

Sunghoon asked him. Jake sat beside him again.

"Give me you hand."

And Sunghoon followed. He gave his hand and Jake gave something.

It was the handkerchief. All clean and fix. Sunghoon spoke.

"I told you to keep it right? You can still keep it."

Jake smiled. He held it back and stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll just bring it back to my closet again."

Sunghoon stood up too.

"Why?"

"I want to see your room."

Jake rolled his eyes but he didn't argue. They both walked upstairs, Jake guiding him.

He opened the door and they went inside.

"Nothing's special in my room haha. You can have a seat over there."

Jake pointed out the chair in his study table. He went to walk to his closet and carefully put back Sunghoon's handkerchief inside.

Sunghoon was supposed to walk towards the table when he felt a huge smack on his chest. He held his heart as his vision starts to blur.

'Is t-the eclipse starting?''