~14~

A/N: MoTiVaTiOn Is ThAt YoU? iTs BeEn So LoNg!!!

🖤

I walk up the stairs, making sure to keep a hold of (Y/N). I don't want her to get lost. Now that I think about it, her sense of direction seems to have worsened. 

"Why do you keep getting distracted today? I've almost lost you twice already and I'm holding onto you," I say, emphasizing the last part to get her attention.

"Sorry, I'm trying to distract myself," she says, simply.

"Why would you be trying to distract yourself?!" I hiss in annoyance. I get a whimper in response. 

Was I too harsh?

"I'm sorry," I say. "I didn't mean to sound so harsh."

"No, it's alright. It's not your fault..."

"Then what is it?" There is a long pause.

"Nothing, I'm fine," she says. It's in an odd tone, almost like it's automatic. Like she's practiced it...

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it!" she replies. 

Her mind was calm, but Nightmare knew that without many feelings, he wouldn't be able to tell for sure by checking her mental state.

"Show me."

"Show me."

"What?"

"Show me your soul."

"Nightmare, I'm fine."

"(Y/N). Tell me what's wrong or show me your soul," I say, trying to phrase it like a bit of a warning. She sighs, shakily.

"Fine, you win," she says finally, wrapping her wings around herself. I raise an 'eyebrow.'

"So you'll tell me what's wrong now?" She nods, lifting the cuff of her black jeans, revealing the bandages from yesterday.  The blood had started to seep through, and I wasn't able to see that thanks to the colour of her jeans. I mentally cursed myself for not noticing.

"Let's get you to your room, and I'll look over it," I say, picking her up.

"Nightmare-"

"Yes, but actually no," I cut her off before she can finish protesting.

"But-"

"No." She sighs in defeat, allowing herself to go limp as I carry her the rest of the way to her room. 

I use one of my tentacles to turn the knob and set her on the bed. Then I start looking around for the first aid kit I left in her room. Each of my members has one in their rooms, and I make sure that they always are full of all the supplies. I made sure that (Y/N) had one as well.

When I finally find it, I've basically made a mess of the whole room. I'll clean it up for her later. I glance over at her.

"You okay?"

"Just a bit dizzy, I guess..."

"Alright, let's fix you up... again," I say, getting a nod in response.

I try to be as gentle as possible while I take off the old bandages and visibly wince when I see her wound.

"You reopened it, (Y/N)," I tell her. It sounds firm, but I accidentally let a hint of worry through.