~3~

You walk quietly through the forest. The wind is too strong for you to fly through the air safely, and even if it wasn't, the rain has soaked your feathers and now they're too heavy for you to fly at all. 

"It's okay," you tell yourself, shutting your feelings out. "I've done this before, I can do it again."

The forest has always been pretty creepy at night. Creepy and dangerous. There were lots of animals lurking around at this time of night. 

They usually stay away from your house if you have at least one light one somewhere in the house, but when you're walking around, you swear they all want to find out where you are and are literally hunting you down. 

You've seen a pack of wolves and one bear already. You avoided the bear successfully by literally staying still and not moving for painfully long minutes. For the wolves, you were fortunate the wind was blowing in the opposite direction.

At this point, your cellphone is dead and you've lost track of time. You're starting to think maybe it'd be better to just find a nice spot to sleep in the woods. 

You hear another howling sound. You freeze yet again as you try to figure out where they are.

"Oh boy. This is going to be a long night," you whisper to yourself.

🖤

The rain is still pouring hard.

Nightmare dodges some more of Dream's arrows. His brother had been able to sense some positive feelings from somewhere and had healed himself and the other two Star Sanses, but Nightmare, Killer and Error had dealt some more damage to them.

"Give up! There's no point in fighting!" Nightmare said, picking up Blue with his tentacles.

"N-never..." he says. 

Nightmare feels a stab of pain in his shoulder as Dream shoots him with one of his positivity arrows. He tosses Blueberry towards Dream and they crash into each other. Killer steps forward, but Ink teleports in front of him to protect his friends.

"Pathetic," Nightmare says under his breath, pulling the arrow out, before he adds louder, "Grab them." The rest of Nightmare's workers jump out, pinning the three down.

"When they stop resisting get them to their feet."

"Brother... please..." Nightmare ignores him and flicks one of his tentacles, impatiently. 

What is taking Cross so long? Doesn't he know I don't have all day?!

Nightmare turns to Dream, cocking his head.

"Oh brother... We fight over and over again, but what for?" he says. "It doesn't matter, not anymore... I'm going t-"

"Nightmare!" Cross says, suddenly appearing next to him. 

"Took you long enough. What were you doing?" Nightmare hisses.

"I have good news and bad news," he replies. "The good news is that I found the person you were looking for."

"You were just distracting us?" Ink says in horrified realization.

"Well, where is she?" Nightmare shouted, ignoring the small skeleton.

"That's the bad news..."

"Cross..."

"I didn't do anything! I swear!"

"How... did I get myself... into this mess?" you question out loud.