~15~

A/N: Who's the guy running Wattpad that decided that every time my internet crashes and I am forced to reload the tab, that instead of sending me to the edit draft page, I will now be forced to the cover of it?

Seriously though.

WHO'S IDEA WAS IT?! DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY INTERNET IS?! WHY?! HOW DOES MY SUFFERING BENEFIT YOU?! YOU'RE NOT NIGHTMARE!

☯️

You're playing a game of chess with Nightmare. You were doing... terribly, to be completely honest.

You'd told him you were bored, and he refused to play unless he picked the game. You already sucked at this game, but it turns out Nightmare was really, really good at it, making you look even worse.

After a few games, he started going easier, but somehow you still sucked.

(Everything beyond this point was written on my phone)

It was still really fun though. Sure, you absolutely sucked at chess, but at least Nightmare was enjoying himself.

He made funny faces every time you looked up at him as you tried to figure out what your next move should be, and he was smiling, really smiling, and that made it definitely worth playing this game.

"I think it's time to play a different game," Nightmare says, finally. "You seem to be struggling."

"No, I'm having fun," you reply, quickly, wanting to keep seeing him smile.

"I'm sure you are, but I want to play something we're both good at," he says.

"Oh, alright then. I'm good at playing Uno-"

"No," Nightmare says, flatly, cutting you off.

"But Nighty-"

"No, the last time the boys played that, the entire living room was burned down." You blink.

"Well, I don't know what version of Uno they were playing, because I clearly remember there is no fire involved," you assure him.

"You sure?" he asks.

"I'm sure," you say with a smile.

"Alright, I trust you, (Y/N)."

So you teach Nightmare how to play Uno without chaos, and he really seems to like it.

"Boss is playing Uno?" Dust asks, causing you to shriek.

"WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?" you tell. He just grins and shrugs.

"Can we join?" Horror asks.

"Well-"

"No."

"Nighty has spoken," you declare. Dust snorts.

"Nighty?" he asks, bursting into laughter.

"Yes, it's my new name for him, whether he likes it or not, and if you use it, I will smack you," you say. Dust raises his hands up in defence, still laughing.

Nightmare sighs. He didn't like it at first, but you stood your ground.

"So can we play Uno now?" Horror asks.

"Last time you two played, you burnt the living room down, remember?" Nightmare reminds.

"We won't do it this time, promise!" Horror exclaims. Nightmare frowns.

"Maybe you guys can join in the next round?" you suggest.

"Really?"

"She said maybe," Nightmare growled. Horror and Dust took no notice and eagerly waited for the round to end.

What followed that round was pure chaos, and Nightmare totally banned Uno from the castle.

(Words: 504)

~The calm before the storm~

Also, hai, I'm not dead yet, just been vibing on QuoteV and AO3. Fun times.

On QuoteV, you can just search up my user, it's the same as on Wattpad. On AO3, my user is actually Midnight_Phantom.

Anyway, I shall return to the void and we'll meet again in somewhere between tomorrow and next year. See ya!