~4~

🖤

They're in a small room that was rarely used. This room has just enough light so that Nightmare can see what he's doing, but the light is too dull to do any harm to him. His workers have already locked the Star Sanses in a cell and Nightmare plans to... have a conversation with them later.

He glances back at her as he wraps her leg in bandages. Ever since he became this form, for some reason, he hasn't been able to use healing magic, so he has to heal anything the non-magical and slow way.

(Y/N) sits in silence on the counter, having pulled her uninjured leg close to her and resting her head on her knee. She wrapped her wings around herself and occasionally shivers.

She looks just like her, has the same soul, and even the same name. The wings are new... at least, I think they are. It's cool how they're different colours, though.

Nightmare can feel all their eyes on him. Why did I let them all in here? The room is silent, and it's starting to get awkward. Nightmare knows he has to say something. 

He finishes with her leg and stands up. (Y/N) looks up at him, and folds her wings up.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" Nightmare asks.

"I'm assuming... you mean to say... you would have found me... even if I hadn't... gotten myself stuck," she replies, cocking her head to the side with a weird expression on her face. 

"Yes, we would have," Nightmare says. 

"Right..." she says, uncertainly. 

'Are you doubting me?' Nightmare barely manages to keep the words from leaving his head. First, he had to figure out if they really were the same, or if it was just a coincidence.

"Before you continue..." (Y/N) begins, "would you... please introduce... me to... everyone... here?"

A/N: Everything written beyond this point, was written while I was fasting, so if it doesn't make sense, it's because I was distracted. Also, if I forgot someone, that is why.

"You already met Cross, that's Dust, Horror, Killer, and Error," Nightmare says, pointing to each one with his tentacles as he spoke.

"You look pale... want a head dog?" Horror says. (Y/N) blinks in confusion.

"No... what even-"

Nightmare picks up Horror and throws him against a wall. (Y/N) flinches.

"Well... if you had to do that... then it's probably really bad," she says. Nightmare drops his head into his hands. Why are they all so stupid?

"Anyway, I wanted to talk to you," Nightmare says. "About your soul." Those words put her on alert and she hissed again. Clearly, (Y/N) doesn't like talking about her soul. That much matches with the (Y/N) that Nightmare remembers. 

Her hissing takes the others by surprise.

"Dude, wat." 

"Geez, are you half-bird or half-cat?

"Wow, and I thought I was weird."

"Shut up!" (Y/N) shouts.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Nightmare says, in an attempt to get her to calm down. "But I'm sure you're aware of how... unique your soul is."

"And what if I am..." she says, crossing her arms across her chest. "What do you even... want with it?" Nightmare sighs. Why... why are you always so stubborn?

"Can you show us your soul, please?" Nightmare says, sounding noticeably irritated.

"Maybe," she says. There's a pause as they wait for her to do so.

"Well? Are you going to?"

"Fine! You don't need to shout!" She raises her hands to her chest, making her soul appear, letting everyone have a good look, but hissing when they get too close. Especially Error.

"Now you've seen it," (Y/N) says, letting it disappear again. "Can I go now?"

"Look, I just want to talk to you," Nightmare says. "What do you have to do that's so important, anyway?"

"Well... Two days from today, I have a photoshoot and there's the premiere of season 2 of this tv show, then next week, I have an interview and then..." she begins listing events and appointments. After a while, when it becomes obvious that she's not going to stop anytime soon, Dust interrupts her.

"Okay, okay, stop. How do you have this much to do?"

"I don't know, can I please go?" Nightmare sighs. It seems that this one has no patience. Well, I've used up all of mine.

"I was going to let you leave, but you've annoyed me, so you'll be staying here for the night," Nightmare says. "I am going to... escort you to your room."

"The way you said escort was kind of creepy," she remarks.

Damnit.

You thought that annoying them would make them let you leave. That backfired. Horribly. Now you were wrapped in Nightmare's tentacles, arms pinned to your side, unable to spread your wings. 

"I can fly, you know," you tell him. "You don't need to carry me." He ignores you. 

Rude. 

Okay, maybe he's worried I'll run away, which is what any sane person in my place would do.

You don't really have the intention to run, for some reason. You know you should, but you want to stay by Nightmare's side, which in itself is weird considering you're an introvert. It's like you knew him, but had spent a long time apart and met again after you both went through many changes to the point where it was almost impossible to recognize each other.

"Um... so I know I've already asked you this before," you start, "but I am really busy most of the time, so I just want to know when I'll be able to leave."

"I already told you," he replies, not even turning to look back at you. "I'll let you leave tomorrow. If you're this busy, a lot of people would notice if you went missing and there's no way you came up with all those events on the spot." 

Nightmare suddenly stops walking and glances back at you. It's making you uneasy. 

You feel his grip loosening around you. He pauses when you have enough room to slip your wings out, but not enough to fall through. He must still be wary you'll escape though since he wraps his tentacles around your arm instead. That's fine. I can work with this. I don't even want to run anyway.

Nightmare leads you to your room. He lets go of your arm when you're in the room. Everything in the room is mostly black. The bedsheets, the blankets, the curtains, everything. You hear the door close and Nightmare leaves you alone in the room.

You figure that the first thing you should do is change into some clean clothes. You start searching the room in hopes of finding some. After several minutes you find a pair of pyjamas that almost fit you. They're a bit too big for you. Unlike the rest of the room, they're your favourite colour, coincidentally.

You lay in bed for a while, staring blankly at the ceiling, trying to drift off to sleep. Right when you're about to, you hear a knock on the door, and you sit up so fast you manage to topple out of bed. 

"Ouch..."

"Are you going to come out for dinner?" you hear Nightmare's voice say from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, give me a few minutes," you say. 

Great timing you have here, Night. Now I have to go and get dressed all over again. Time to raid the room for the second time today.

(Words: 1249)