Chapter nine

(A/N: Oh hi! Your long awaited chapter is here at last!! And this one introduces something new: POV changes! Also, I know it's short, but I think the next one will be longer, sorryyy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy \ (^-^) / )

I stared at my father in shock, my heart pounding. "Now that I've got you on your own, you won't be able to call for help." He said, his tone sounding cold and evil. He grabbed me by the wrists, pulling me with him as he ran toward a large pickup truck in the parking lot. I didn't dare call out, in fear that I'd be hit. 

He opened the door to the truck, and shoved me inside the back seat so hard I knocked my head on the door on the other side. Momentarily dazed, I didn't have time to make a break for the door before my father slammed it shut. He got in the driver's seat, locking the doors before I could think to open them and make an escape.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" I asked, trying to sound confident. But the nervous shake in my voice was all too noticeable.
"To find your mother." My father muttered. I felt a pang of fear in my chest as he said this. "What are you going to do with her?" He glared at me through the mirror. "That's for me to know," he said slowly. "And you to find out."

My heart was thrashing madly now. I didn't know what to do as my dad drove us quickly out of the parking lot. I didn't have my phone, as I'd left it by the trampolines, and so I had no way of calling for help. I could only sit in silence, afraid of what was going to happen. I noticed my father was driving us down familiar roads; roads that lead to my old home, which was where my mom still lived.

As I'd feared, he pulled up right to the house that I used to live in. He shut the truck down, and turned to me. "When we get out, if you so much as think about running away, I'll make sure you don't see another day's worth of sunlight." He gestured to the front door, and when I looked, I noticed two men dressed in all black. "Who are they?" I asked nervously. "Just some friends. That's all you need to know." With that, my father unlocked the doors, and got out of the truck. He motioned for me to do the same. Afraid of what those men might do, I did as he said, and didn't try to run off.

KARL POV
"How yah doing Jungkook?" I asked my contestant, while watching him jumping up and down. "Never better," he gasped. "Still going strong." I smiled at him, before looking over to the spot that Y/N had disappeared to. She'd been gone an awfully long time. It was approaching ten minutes. I walked over to Jimmy, and he nodded at me as if to ask what's up.

"Don't you think Y/N's taking a while?" I asked. Jimmy nodded. "Come to think of it, yeah she has. Why don't you go and look for her?" I nodded, hoping he would say that. I jogged off the grass, the stones of the parking area crunching under my shoes. I didn't see Y/N, or that man anywhere.

I ran around the whole building, but there was no sign of either of them. My heart dropped when I remembered what happened with Y/N's father. Had he been the man that escaped? Was that man actually him? Did he take her? All these thoughts cascaded through my mind like a tsunami over a beach, and I practically flew back to the trampolines. I was panting by the time I reached Jimmy. He looked at me with confusion plastered on his face.

"Y/N is gone." I said. A couple of the other boys must've heard, because Chandler and Tareq came over. "What do you mean?" Jimmy asked me.
"I mean, she isn't here. I checked everywhere. She's not here, I'm telling you." The words flowed from my mouth, and I couldn't hide the hint of deep concern that wove itself into them.
"Chandler, I'm putting you in charge of finishing the video," Jimmy said. "Tell the viewers I had to run off for something. I'm going to help Karl look for Y/N." He turned to me after Chandler nodded. "Call the cops," he said. "Tell them we think we saw that escaped man, and that he might've taken one of our friends." I nodded, and pulled out my phone to do just that.

Y/N POV
I cringed, half in disgust, and half in terror, as I watched the metal bar slam against my mother's arm again. As I had expected, my father had come to find my mother to hurt her, as some sort of punishment for him getting arrested. He firmly believed it was my mother that called the cops on him that night.
"How dare you ruin my life?!" He all but yelled at her, while she curled into a ball on the floor, crying. "You ruined ours?" I screamed, but that was only met with one of those men, who turned out to be two escaped prisoners who assisted my father, punching me hard in the jaw. I fell to the floor, fighting back the tears that threatened to flow from my pain-dulled eyes.

I wanted to tell my father that it hadn't been my mother who called the cops at all; but then that would put my friends, especially Ethan, in danger. I didn't know how endangering them would affect my relationship with either of them, but it killed me to see my mother in agony.
"It wasn't me!" She cried out, her voice choked by her never-ending waterfall of tears. But my father didn't listen. Instead, he grabbed her wrist, roughly pulling her to her feet. "You're going to regret ever crossing me." He practically growled. He dragged her out the door, and the two men shoved me hard, and I had no choice but to get up and follow. My father shoved my mom in the car, and the two men did the same to me before getting into the back.

"Where are we going?" I demanded. My father, who was sitting in the front driver's seat, turned to me with the most evil, hate-filled smile I'd ever seen.

"Out of this state," he said slowly. "So that your little friends can never find you again."