Chapter Thirteen

KARL POV
"Karl!"

"Karl!"

"Karl Jacobs!"

"Karl! Wake up for crying out loud!"

I opened my eyes groggily, finally aroused from my deep sleep by the voice. I saw Ethan standing over me, shaking me.
"Ugh... What?" I asked, trying to brush his hand away and roll over. But my roommate was persistent. He shook me again, before grabbing my arm and dragging me toward the edge of my bed.

"Dude, come on! The police station called. They got news on Y/N!"

I was out of bed and on my feet in a matter of three seconds.
"What is it?" I demanded, my tone a little rougher than I intended.

Ethan didn't seem to notice as he went for the door.
"Some guy from Tennessee said he might have some information about her disappearance, and her father. He's gonna be driving over to the police station today. Get dressed. We're gonna go there too to hear his story."

When he left, I shut my door just slightly, and proceeded to get dressed. I put on a simple green shirt, torn jeans, and a red hoodie. Then I was downstairs, harassing Ethan to finish his breakfast quickly so we could go.
"Samuel won't be getting here until early afternoon," he said as he popped some toast in his mouth. "We have time."

But I was impatient. I wanted to ask the cops if this Samuel guy had said anything, and if so, what he'd said.

Within the hour, we finally left. Bailey and Maitland were at work, and Jordan was visiting some friends, so it was just us going. We got to the police station, and I hopped out, running up to the building.

The next half hour was spent asking the cops questions. Samuel hadn't said much over the phone. Only that he thought he might have seen the truck reported and the two females reported missing.

Now Ethan and I were waiting in the building for this Samuel guy to get here and tell us his story in better detail. I was restless. I kept pacing the halls, and sometimes would ask if Samuel had said anything more, to which the lady cop on the case would constantly tell me no. She was incredibly nice, despite my never-ending questions, and would always tell me that I'd be the first to know if something new came in.

"How long does it take to drive to a bordering state?" I asked while leaning on an unused desk. Ethan was sitting in the chair on his phone, and looked up.
"He could live far from the border," he suggested. "And he probably has to make a couple stops."
(A/N: If you're wondering why her dad took forever to get to Tennessee, and Samuel's only taking a day, I used the logic that (1) Their run down truck would be slower/need more gas fill ups, and (2) The kidnappers would take a longer route to make it seem that they're further away than they are so Y/N and her mom don't try and escape back home or whatever. Just thought I'd mention! Carry on. (^-^))

"Still," I said, anxiously. "It's nearly noon." Ethan shrugged, flashing me a sympathetic glance before turning back to his phone.

That's when my own phone rang. I sighed, walking outside to take the call. It was Jimmy.

"Hey, Karl!"

"Hey, Jimmy. What's up?"

"I know you technically don't come in today, but we're blowing up some huge bouncy castle things today for the next video, and the guy who's s'posed to come in to help called in sick. We need you ASAP!"

My heart dropped. I couldn't believe it.
"Jimmy, I can't! The police got some information on Y/N from some guy in Tennessee! He's driving over here to give his full story, he'll be here in like an hour or two. I have to be here to hear his story and know what's gonna happen!"

There were a few moments of silence before Jimmy spoke again.
"I'm sorry, Karl. I'm so happy there's news on Y/N, but you can find everything out later. We really need your help. We have like thirty bouncy castle things. It'd take forever with just me, Chris, and Chandler. And the editors need to get today's video out, so they don't have the time."

I didn't know what to say or think. I said, "Fine." And hung up the phone. I turned against the wall of the building, leaning my head on it. In a sudden wave of anger and desperation, I slammed my fist on the wall with a yell of angst.
This only worsened my situation though, as now I had a throbbing hand, and a couple people on the side walk stared at me like I was a lunatic. I shot them an uncharacteristically cold glare, and they looked away, quickening their pace.

I went inside, and told Ethan about the situation. He offered to go instead of me, but I quickly shook my head. It was his day off, too. I made him promise to keep me updated on what happened, before I headed outside to the car we used to get here, which was Ethan's and he let me use it, and drove my way towards the warehouse and filming areas.

THIRD PERSON POV
"Rebecca?!" He screamed, watching as his beloved wife slipped and tumbled down the steps. When he got down to her, she was crying, clutching her arm in terror and shock.

"I-I t-think it's b-broken, Sam!" She wailed. His panick stricken eyes darted from her face to her arm, which was definitely not at a natural angle at all. He cringed. He called 911 for her and the paramedics were quick to come along and wisk them away to the hospital.

Now they were at the hospital, her broken arm in a cast and him at her bedside.

"Weren't you supposed to drive over to that North Carolina police station to give your report on those missing girls?" Rebecca asked him in a slightly pained voice.

Samuel shook his head, swallowing the emotion that rose in his throat. "No. You're more important. I'm staying with you until you are 100% better. Besides. I'm not even sure those girls I saw were the missing ones. It can wait. You're most important and I'm staying with you until you leave the hospital."

Just then, a doctor came in the room with a clipboard. "Your results are in, Ms Farkas," he said. "We'll have to keep you for a little bit just to make sure you're all good."
She nodded, and then asked, "How long?"
The doctor looked up and spoke.

"Oh. With tests and all? Probably at least two weeks."

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNNN! CLIFF HANGERS BAYBE! ;))))

Okay anyways uhm- Hope you all enjoyed that chapter XD. I actually had so much fun as all the plot twists came to my mind XD.

Anyways anticipate Chapter fourteen! Remember to smile! \ (^-^) /