Chapter Eleven

KARL POV
I opened the door to the house, glancing down as I felt Milo and Grey snaking themselves around my legs. I walked to the living room, where Bailey, Maitland, and Ethan already were.

"Any news on Y/N yet?" Bailey asked, as I went to the kitchen to fix myself something. I pulled down a big container of cheese balls and began munching noisily.
"Not yet," I said. "The police put out a notice that they're searching for the car that her father took her away in. Anyone who's seen it within the state is supposed to report it."

It had been three days since Y/N had gone missing, and there was a major search for her, her mother, and her father who'd taken her away. After handing off the cheese balls to Bailey, I headed upstairs to my room. I immediately noticed Y/N's empty make-shift bed in my room, and felt a harsh pang of fear and loss. I'd grown quite used to having her around, and sharing a bedroom with her. It seemed strange, now that she wasn't here. I lay down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. I hadn't been very happy since Y/N went missing. In fact, even Bailey and Ethan noticed it. They'd already asked me why I wasn't as bubbly and cheerful like I usually am. I didn't know how I could be, knowing one of my closest friends was missing, and with someone dangerous.

Just then, my phone rang. I looked at it, and saw it was from Jimmy. I answered.
"Hello?"

"Karl. We need to talk."

"Uh, about?"

"The last video, plus my Instagram stories you were in."

"What about them?" I asked, confused.

"Some people replied to my story from yesterday saying you look sad, and in the end of the trampoline video, it's easy to tell you're distracted and your eyes clearly look upset. You look as if you lost your best friend or something."

I scratched behind my head. "Maybe because I sort of did?" I replied.

There was a sigh on the other end. "I won't tell Chris you said that. Anyways, Karl, I know you're worried about Y/N, but you can't make it so obvious for the viewers. If people start demanding answers, we may have to tell them what happened, and that'll only end even worse."

"Why can't we tell them? Don't they have the right to know?"

"Y/N is only the camera woman. She's not a main member, and basically no one really knows who she is apart from her voice in some videos behind the camera. Telling everyone that you're distraught because our a member of the camera crew got kidnapped is going to create theories. They may think you... I don't know. Like her or something."

I coughed. "And? Maybe... Maybe I do."

"Karl!"

"What?! She's nice, pretty, and sh-"

"Karl Jacobs! Listen to yourself! You can't like her!"

"Why not? Who says I can't?"

"Uhm, everyone? Hello? Did you forget you're the most famous member of the whole group? You're probably more popular than me at this point. You have to appear single, Karl. It'll make you more... Wanted by the fans."

"Are you serious? So you're telling me that I'm not allowed a love life because you're basically using me to get views and subs?" I clenched my fist. No way Jimmy was saying what he was saying, right?

"Karl. Come on. We're friends. Chris loves you. You know you're not just used for views. But, if you make it obvious that you like her on camera, it'll turn the fans off. Even if you do like Y/N, you can't show it on camera. You need to make it at least look like you're single and ready to mingle."

I scoffed. "You mean single, but I'm not actually alowed to mingle because heaven for fend I like someone." I shook my head, closing my eyes.
"Fine," I said at last. "I'll stop looking utterly dejected on camera. But I know my fans would support me whether I'm single or not, Jimmy. They're good like that. Besides. Most of them are super young like 12-14 year olds. I'm not weird, Jimmy. I would never go for them."

Jimmy sighed. "Even so. It'll still help. Trust me."

I shook my head again. "Whatever. I'll do my best. But this will never stop me from liking Y/N. And you can't tell her when we find her, by the way."

"Of course not. That's your job." Jimmy replied. I could tell by his voice that was smiling.

"Fat chance. Why would she like a dorky famous kid in their 20s? I'm probably too annoying for her."

"Karl, my 63 million fans love you like you're the first man on Earth. It's very likely Y/N would, too. Anyways, I've gotta jet. See you buddy."

"Yeah, bye." Jimmy hung up, and I dropped my phone on the bed next to me. I sat up, looking over to my stream set up. I hadn't streamed in days. I knew my fans missed me. But I really didn't feel like streaming. I flopped down again, closing my eyes, hoping Y/N was alright.

THIRD PERSON POV
The man walked down the alley way, passing the same abandoned looking house he always did on his way home from work. He noticed something that caught his eye. It was a strange looking pick up truck that looked oddly familiar. Then it clicked. Wasn't that the same truck he saw on the police report the day before? It was the same colour and it looked to be the same condition.

But that was in North Carolina, he thought. This was Tennessee. He shrugged. No point reporting it from another state, he guessed. It probably just looked similar. The run-aways from North Carolina wouldn't be in Tennessee. He kept going, forgetting about the run down house, and the pick up truck...

A/N: Two updates in one day?! Well yes indeed! I'm having fun with this now, maybe I'll even put out a third one. 👀 Not sure yet XD. Anyways. Hope you enjoyed, have a great day!! \ (^-^) /