Chapter Fourteen

KARL POV
"He what?!" I said angrily into the phone. I was at the field behind the warehouse where we'd be filming the bouncy castle video, and Ethan had called me.

"He's apparently held back because his wife fell down the stairs and broke her arm or something," Ethan said over the phone. "And he wants to stay with her until she's better."

"How long will that be?"

"I don't know. Apparently there was some voices and the call cut off before Samuel could tell them how long he'd be."

I closed the cap to the small sized bouncy castle that I'd been blowing up, dragging the inflation tool (A/N: Y'all I literally feel so dumb I can't remember the name of those things that blow air into things... Someone help? XD 😅) over to the next flattened pile of plastic.
"Doesn't he realize how important this is?!" I exclaimed. "We're talking about missing people for crying out loud!"

There was silence on the other end, and I knew Ethan didn't know what to say.
"Whatever," I said. "I guess we just have to wait, some more, and somehow hope Y/N will totally be okay to wait even longer with a dangerous man when we literally have a way to find her."

I didn't bother to hide the sarcasm from my voice.
"I guess so. Sorry buddy. I'll talk to you at home then."

"Yeah alright. Bye." I hung up the phone, stuffing it inside the pocket of my hoodie.

Y/N POV
I looked around the park nervously, as people passed us on bikes or skateboards or even roller blades.

My father was with my mom and I as we walked around the park, and Rick and his other two friends, who were Quinn and Zayne, walked separately a bit of distance behind us. Obviously it would look very strange if we were walking around the park with a couple body guards surrounding us, but we also knew my father would take no chances in letting us escape.

But I was already thinking of a plan. I'd managed to very, very quietly let my mother know of the plan, and she agreed.
The idea was that I'd pretend to trip and get hurt, and my mom would cry and accuse my father of causing it. Then we hoped Rick, Quinn, or Zayne would hold her back and be preoccupied, while my father would tend to me, or at least pretend to surrounded by people. I'd pretend to pass out and hopefully everyone would be so confused and distracted that when my mom struggled free, and I jumped and ran, we'd be far ahead before either of the men could think to catch us.

After I went over the plan again, I winked ever so slightly at my mom, and she gave me a tiny nod.
I pretended to trip on seemingly nothing, exaggerating my fall a bit and landing with a hard thud on my knee. I miscalculated the fall a bit, and ended up actually jarring my knee, and I cringed.

My mother turned, saw me, and started to cry in an obviously exaggerated manner. I hoped it wasn't too obvious.
"You did this!" She wailed to my father. You made her fall!" She started to go towards him, and it wasn't long before Quinn stepped up, grabbing hold of her and yelling at her to shut up.

My father then came over to crouch over me, and I could see the forced concern in his eyes as people passed by and stared. So far, so good. I thought.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, and I shook my head. He looked a bit confused, as if he didn't know whether I was faking it or not. Truthfully, my knee actually did hurt a lot, so I wasn't faking the pained cringe on my face.

But then Rick stepped in, tapping my father's shoulder roughly.
"She's faking it." He said gruffly, and I shot him a glare, before executing the next part of the plan.
I rolled my eyes slightly, letting myself fall over. I lay, the cold concrete on my arm and face, as my father and Rick spoke to each other and me.

"Snap out of it!" My father said, at the same time Rick said, "Get up you lazy turd! You're faking it and we know it!"

That's when I tried to jump up, looking over to my mom. She yanked herself from Quinn's distracted grip, but, unlike in our plan, Zayne had been standing just beside him. He grabbed her roughly by the arm, grabbing her hair and tugging on it tightly until she cried out.

At that moment, my knee, which was actually hurt when I fell, suddenly gave out, and I half fell over again before Rick locked me in a hold. I didn't try to struggle. I knew he was stronger than me.

The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds. My father looked between my mom and I, before speaking in a low, menacing tone.

"You're going to regret this for the rest of your pathetic and disgusting lives."

KARL POV
"Karl!"

I sprang up in my bed, feeling a bit lightheaded from the sudden movement. Looking at the clock, I saw the time read 5:47AM. I then turned to see Ethan standing over me with an excited expression.

"What do you want at this time?" I demanded, still half asleep.

"It's about Samuel," Ethan said. "He's coming this morning after all!"

A/N: Short chapter tonightt sorry, it's very late and I'm tired. I couldn't even remember the name of those blow-up thingies. Help me. XD.

Anywayss I hope you enjoyed, and thank y'all so much for the support on this boooook I love y'all even if I don't know most of you XD.

Anyways anticipate chapter fifteen, remember to smile! \ (^-^) /