Chapter 2

Y/N's POV:
Holy shit this place is amazing. I didn't realise it would be this massive. It looks like something out of the Hunger Games training facility. There is everything a trainee could ask for. Monica and I stood there with our mouths open while Peter starts touching everything and has fired webs at every target. Sam and Bucky shake their heads. You can simply hear a belly laugh from Thor. Peter turns around and stops.
"Was I not meant to do that?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.
"It's fine Peter just go get something to clean it off with," Wanda says. She's kind whilst the guys just take the opportunity to laugh at Peter constantly. Peter returns with a wet cloth sparking more laughs from the boys. Wanda takes the cloth off him throwing it at Sam and Bucky.

"Thor you work with Peter. I'm going to work with Monica and Y/N. You two clowns can clear up the targets. Oh and get something better than a wet cloth," Wanda instructs and Peter smiles. Monica and I let out a giggle as we follow Wanda.

"Oh look Captain America got told off by Wanda how very powerful of you," you can hear Bucky saying as they leave the room. They continue to bicker down the hall until we can no longer hear them.

"Ok so you two have similar powers to me. Y/N you can move things like me, I'll leave the running to Bucky and Sam they can finally make themselves useful. Monica can absorb energy and change forms. Which is not really like me but I know a little bit about it. We're not sure as to the extent of either of your powers so we're going to try some different things." We both nod along.

I step up first. I start by levitating the pencil that's on the table which I found easy. Wanda then instructs me to try the pencil and the table at the same time. That's a bit more difficult but I did it.
"Right this is too easy for you. How much have you lifted before? Maybe we should try something else," Wanda looks puzzled.
"A Truck." She looks impressed which made me smile.
"What other powers do you have?"
"Sometimes I can read people's thoughts so I can tell when people are lying to me. Obviously the speed thing. That's about it as far as I know."
"Interesting. Right I think you should go and run rings around Sam and Bucky for the time being. Then I want you to talk to Thor about strengthening you up a bit and you can start work on that first thing tomorrow," Wanda says dismissing me.

Tentatively I make my way over to Sam and Bucky.
"Hey. Wanda sent me over to work on my speed with you," I say nervously.
*Why's Wanda giving us all the work* I hear Sam think.
"I don't know maybe it's because you've been picking on Peter," I reply, "Who wants to go first?" I challenge the two men. Sam looks terrified.
"How did you know what I was thinking? Bucky you're up." I shrug. Walking to the track section outside the training facilities. As soon as we get out Bucky starts running. I laugh quickly overlapping him within a few paces. To make it fun I start running backwards.
*Now that's just bullying* I read Bucky's mind.
"You know I think I'd get more out of racing a fast car. Don't think that would be bullying as much then," I smirk as I lap him again.

As I run away I hear Bucky yell for Sam to go and get the fastest car they have. Sam pulls up a few minutes later in a SSC Tuatara.
"Let's see how you do against this one. This records speeds of up to 316 mph. Good luck," Sam smirks confidently. Ah no I don't think I'm that fast but if I start off quicker than the car can build speed I can win the race.
"Ok Sam one lap winner takes all." He nods and starts revving.
I set off the fastest I can pulling ahead of the car for half a lap before it starts to get faster. I don't think I've ever run so fast. I finish first with the car a few metres behind me.

When I get to the finish line I see Thor, Peter and Monica cheering whilst Wanda stood with a smirk on her face that made me beam with pride.
"You're welcome," I say as I pass Peter heading for the shower.

After my shower I feel refreshed. I throw on some cuffed jeans and a plaid shirt before dinner. As I'm about to leave I hear a knock at the door.
"Hey Y/N. Sorry to bother you. I just wanted to say thank you for sticking up for me. I guess a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man is an easy target," he sighs with a sad smile.
"Don't mention it. Listen if you get Thor onside the others will fall in line. It's simple animal kingdom behaviour Thor is the Alpha. If he protects you the others have to respect you." We continue to talk as we walk down the corridor.
"You're just like my girlfriend MJ. She's brilliant and Smart. You'd get on well," he began to blush as he spoke about her.
"I'm sure I would. Maybe once we've finished training you can introduce me to her."

When I sat down for dinner Sam and Bucky went quiet. Thor got up and gave me a big pat on the back.
"Sit next to me," he insists. As we sat down I see Wanda across from me who smiles.
"Wanda has been telling me about your powers. We're going to work on your strength tomorrow and then we want to see if you can fly." My eyes open wide.
"You think I can fly?" I ask towards Wanda.
"I can so I don't see why you can't," she reassures me, "Monica we suspect has that power too so we're going to train you together".

Wanda then gives a stern look to Bucky and Sam.
"Hey Peter we just wanted to say Sorry for messing around with you," Bucky said.
"Yeah. Sorry," Sam said. Peter smiled.
"It's ok. I get it I'm not the most intimidating guy but I just want to be part of the team," he replied shyly.
"You are brother," Thor declared. Peters smile widens greatly.
You start to watch Wanda who seems delighted for Peter. She catches you starting so you try to read her thoughts.
*Don't try that with me. It won't work and I'll do it straight back* she thinks glaring at me.
I mouth 'Sorry' across the table. She nods.

As soon as dinner is finished I quickly excuse myself heading to bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow I start to yawn. All I can do is toss and turn with the image of Wanda surrounding my thoughts. What if she can read my mind when I'm thinking that she's beautiful or something. I begin to panic and start pacing.

The door knocks.
"Hi. Are you ok? We can hear wind coming from your room so I'm assuming you're pacing again?" Wanda enquired.
"Yeah I'm fine totally. Just nervous about how I came across I don't want to ruin this opportunity," I speak half honestly.
"You showed Sam and Bucky up you've got their respect. As well as Thor's and mine. Peter appreciates what you've done for him. Monica has been talking about how cool your powers are. You came across well. And don't worry I was only kidding about reading your mind. I know you can't control it. But that's what I'm here for. Try to get some sleep."
"Goodnight and thank you," I say with a weary smile as I close the door. I get into bed as soon as I do I drift off to sleep. Where I am met with memories of sadness and longing.