Chapter 30

Y/N POV:
Wanda had told me to get dressed up today as she had an important surprise for me. I decided to wear the new pant suit I had bought. It was approaching our 10 month anniversary and I just felt so fortunate to have her still be by my side loving me everyday. The last few weeks I'd been thinking about marriage a lot. I wasn't sure how she felt on the subject so I've started to drop it into conversations. When I brought it up she'd say something vague or change the subject which wasn't the best sign. I don't care what form our relationship took just that it involved loving her for the rest of my life and beyond. We had been driving for a while and I still had no idea where we were going. I didn't mind though as long as I got to spend time with Wanda. She was wearing that dress again the one that drives me crazy.

As we pull up I notice we're outside Mia and Giuseppe's restaurant. I was confused.
"Happy Anniversary babe," she said giving me a quick kiss. She opened the door for me taking my hand leading me inside. When we entered the restaurant I was lost for words. There were beautiful flowers on every table with pictures of us from throughout our relationship covering the walls. It was perfect. She had put so much effort into it I started to get emotional.

Mia and Giuseppe brought us our food now knowing what Wanda and I wanted so we didn't even have to order. The restaurant was very quiet which was strange as it was very popular in town. Wanda was quiet seemingly anxious. Before I could ask her what was wrong You'll Never Walk Alone came on in the background making me smile recalling our wonderful holiday together. Wanda took my hand from across the table before getting down on one knee.
"Y/N, my love, since the moment I met you I knew there was something special about you. You taught me to never give up on love. Sometimes I just look at you and I feel like my heart could burst. I love you so much Y/N more than I can even begin to describe. There are so many reasons why I love you I'd be here forever if I tried to list them all but what I love most of all is the way you love me. When you look at me I feel invincible, like I'm protected and safe within your love. Before I met you I had given up on love, on letting people in, on all of it. 10 months later we've created a life together with love, friendship and hope. You continue to surprise me everyday with another wonderful talent you have or little acts of kindness and love. All I want to do is make you as happy as you make me and to love you for the rest of our lives and far beyond that. So Y/N Y/L/N will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" I break down in tears. I couldn't believe my beautiful girlfriend who I loved with all my heart was proposing. She means everything to me. The ring was stunning everything about this proposal was perfect.
"Yes. It will be the greatest honour of my life to be your wife. I love you so much Wanda and I will continue to do so for eternity," I respond kissing her with every ounce of love I had for her within me. She placed the ring on my finger and it fit perfectly.

Within a few seconds I hear the pop of a champagne cork with loud cheering from behind the counter. My family and our closest friends appeared including Bucky. I was so emotional. I started to cry as I gave them all a hug.
"I thought I was the one for surprises," I say gazing into her eyes.
"I like to keep you on your toes," Wanda smirks kissing me gently. All my dreams were coming true I had a family that I loved, a Fiancé that was perfect in every way and friends that I would do anything for.
"Wanda tell her how you asked for our permission. It was beautiful," Mum said. Wanda goes on to tell me all about the planning she had done and how the day she went away for work she was actually here organising this.
"You were a pain in the ass that day it was funny how clueless you were," Carol laughed.
"Hey you know I'm a romantic sap. I'm in love, sue me."

The afternoon was wonderful we ate beautiful food, the drinks were flowing and I was surrounded by the people I loved and those who loved me.
"You ready to come home Grandad?" I tease Bucky.
"Yeah I think I am. I mean poor Peter is stuck being a 5th wheel at the moment. It's only fair that I come and save the day as usual." We both laugh he looks a lot better which was such a relief. I sat down taking a second to look at all the wonderful people around me. If you'd have told 15 year old me that got kicked out by her biological parents that this is where it would end up I would've jumped at the chance to go through all the pain again a heartbeat. Every single person in that room was family. I never thought I'd have another family again but here I am with the most chaotic family in the world.
"You ok babe?" Wanda asks.
"Yeah just thinking about how lucky I am to love you and everyone in this room," I smiled kissing my beautiful fiancé on the cheek.
"I can't wait to be your wife," Wanda says scrunching her nose with a smile. God I love her.