Chapter 14

Y/N POV:
Last night was epic. I've never felt so at one with anybody before. I woke up still exhausted but happy smiling down at my love asleep on my chest. Today we were going to be sent on our first mission. Sam said we had to be in the equipment room at midday so he could assign us roles and give us our suits. Wanda and I had decided to tell the others that we were dating once the mission had finished we were tired of sneaking around. I looked at the clock and it was 9am so I got into the shower and got dressed having moved some clothes into the cabin for when we stayed here.

When I was ready I woke Wanda up with a kiss she looked tired but still radiant as ever.
"Morning," I whispered. She smiled tiredly as she started to wake up properly.
"I'm tired. Last night was amazing but the timing in terms of the mission was not a good idea," she said yawning.
"It's fine we don't have to do it again," I tease. With that her eyes open wide pulling me down to kiss her.
"That's not what I meant," she said winking as she got up to get dressed. God really is a woman.

When she's ready we head down to have some breakfast before we meet Sam in the equipment room. Wanda looked tired so I picked her up and whisked her to just outside the kitchen. She smiled giving me a kiss on the cheek before entering the room. I wait a few minutes then go in to get my breakfast. Everyone was already sat down eating when I arrived. It was quiet you could feel the nerves in the room. Monica and I could barely eat. You could tell Peter was nervous because he spoke even faster and more than usual. It soon became time to head to the equipment room. I felt myself begin to tense up my breathing fast and erratic. Then I felt her hand brush mine. I was ok. She was with me.

Sam pressed a button and we saw Nick Fury on the screen.
"Ok today your mission is to prevent an arms deal. There's some sketchy hydra agents who are trying to sell some nuclear materials to some dodgy people. They've also stole a shipment of vibranium from Wakanda your task is to recover the vibranium and stop the sale. I've sent the coordinates to the jet. Sam  will be running point on this mission. No mistakes," Agent Fury said. Talk about throwing us in at the deep end. Sam looked very proud to be in charge. He started to pass around our suits. Wanda had a long dark red dress with a red crown with two points on either side of her forehead which she made with her powers. She looked good. Sam passed me this black thin suit to ensure I had full range of motion when running. He told me that it had vibranium the whole way through it to protect me. As we boarded the jet I felt a sense of pride. This was an honour I was going to make the most of it. While we were travelling Sam outlined our plan. We were going to find the ship coming into port alongside the coast of Brazil. Wanda and Monica would take the back of the ship Bucky and Sam were going to take the front of the ship. Peter and I were tasked to evacuate the surrounding area to ensure there were no collateral casualties.

We landed just outside the port where we saw the ship in question approaching. Wanda and Monica landed on the back of the ship starting to take the agents out. Bucky and Sam were waiting for the ship to arrive at the port before showing themselves. Peter and I were waiting for the buyers to arrive. We saw some shady people lurking around a pub watching the ship eagle eyed as it started to come into the port Bucky and Sam approach it. The assumed buyer outside the pub must've had 20 bodyguards. Sam and Bucky started to take each one out but they were out numbered. I used my speed pushing a group of bodyguards together for Peter to web to eachother. In a few minutes we had all the bodyguards tied up together. Once the buyer was alone Peter webbed the buyer to the port along with their 20 bodyguards. Sam, Peter and Bucky started boarding the ship to recover the vibranium. My task was to make sure no one escaped or got hurt on the port. They found the vibranium but no nuclear materials I heard over comms.

There was a noise coming from the pub behind me. I tuned around keeping one eye on the webbed buyers. Calling for back up I hear a sound of a knife behind me. Before I could do anything the person had it to my throat. Clearly not knowing about my speed I grabbed his hand and using my powers sent him flying through the air into the sea. Behind me all I could hear was clapping from Peter and Monica.
"What are you clapping for you did the hard work I did the baby siting?" I said laughing. Wanda smiled but looked in pain. I went over to her supporting her as it looks like it hurt her to move. Sam called Fury and the hydra agents were collected and taken in for questioning. There was still a weapon out there though. We knew that would be our next assignment.

Wanda was in pain so I carried her back to the jet until we could get her some pain relief. We found it was coming from where she was thrown into a pipe hitting her ribs and hip. They had a scanner to check if anything was broken but she had just bruised them. Luckily there were some ice packs on board. I was relieved.
*You know you may be the most attractive babysitter I've ever seen* she thought. I shake my head blushing.

When we get back we continue to ice Wanda's hips. Everyone was exhausted except for me I was annoyed. I felt like I hadn't done enough. Maybe if I had done more Wanda wouldn't have got hurt. Seeing that Wanda was ok I headed straight down to the training centre. I started punching the bag in front of me over and over again. Then I headed to the track running again and again and again until I couldn't run anymore.
"Hey Y/L/N. What's wrong?" Sam asked.
"I didn't do enough. I should've done more. She wouldn't have got hurt if I'd done more," I said breathless from the laps.
"Bruises are a part of the job. You can't stop anyone getting bruises. Come back inside she's been asking for you," Sam says offering his hand pulling me back to my feet.

Sam brings me back inside to the lounge where everyone's sat recovering with takeout on the table. Wanda had made sure they ordered me my favourite dish from the Chinese restaurant. I went down and sat next to her careful not to hurt her ribs or hip. She rests her head on my shoulder.
"When are you two going to tell us you're dating?" Monica asks making me choke on my rice causing everyone to laugh.
"They're dating?" Peter asks which made everyone laugh.
"Yes Peter we're dating," Wanda says kissing me on the cheek to which I smile.
"I owe MJ $25 dollars then," he said with a sad face. I get up and find my purse I'd left in the kitchen. As I sit down I give Peter $50.
"The $25 is for your bet with MJ and the other $25 is for you to treat her ok?" He smiles nodding gratefully. This is one messy family but I wouldn't change it for the world.