I Love You

Mer is now 26 weeks pregnant. She loves carrying a baby in her, she also loves that Derek is here for it, this time.

"Derek?"
"Yeah Mer?"
"Can you help me up?"

She was sitting on the ground from playing with Lexie.
"Yeah. Of course."
"Sorry you have to help my fat ass."
"Meredith Grey! You are not a fat ass!"
"Really? Say that to my swollen feet, giant stomach and the fact I can't get up."
"Meredith. You have our baby in there. I love helping you. I may have helped make this baby, but you are doing all of the hard work."
He replied as he massaged her back.

"Are you crying?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because you are so perfect. And I don't deserve it. I snap at you in random moments, and you still make me food when I'm hungry. I don't get it. How can you love me when I am 26 weeks pregnant and I look like an elephant?"
"Because, you are so so so so beautiful. And you have been through hell. And besides, you have the pregnancy glow."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

"I'm tired." She said while yawning.
"Ok. I'll take Lexie to bed. I'll be with you in a second."
"Ok."

He came back into the bedroom and laid down with her.

"You don't have to sleep with me you know? It's only 1 o'clock."
"Well, I can nap with you."
"Ok."

Once he woke up, Derek went to grab Lexie.

He went downstairs, placed Lexie on her play mat, cleaned up and fixed dinner.

He didn't hear Mer come down the stairs. Causing him to jump when she snaked her arms around him.
"Scaredy cat!"
"I am not!"
"Then why did you jump?"
"I didn't hear you come down!"
"Please, you didn't hear my fat ass come downstairs? Pfft."
"You aren't fat, Meredith. And no, I didn't."
"You don't have to lie to me."
"I'm not. You're beautiful. I love you."
"I love you too."

They hugged and Meredith whispered in his ear. "Scaredy-cat."
"No. I'm. Not."
"Mmmeeeoooowwww."
"You're going to make it to where, Lexie is saying that."

They looked over at their perfect daughter.

Meredith walked..or waddled over to Lexie.
"Hi girlie!" She said whilst picking her up.
"Say, 'mmeeooww'"
"Mama ."
"That's right! I'm mama!"

Derek smiled as he watched his pregnant wife play with Lexie. He was so happy that he had them. He was just upset that Mer kept putting herself down.

Mer carried Lexie on her baby bump. She sat her in her high chair, and grabbed a mashed version of the meatloaf they were having that night. She also grabbed a little bit of mashed potatoes and fed Lex.

"Ok girlie. Come here."

She placed Lexie back on her play mat, and went to eat with Derek.
"She is so perfect." Meredith said, starting a conversation.
"She is. So are you."
"Derek, I told you. I know you're my husband and all, but it's ok to tell me the truth. I know I ask for a lot. I know you hate having to pick me up off of the floor."
"No. I. Don't. I'm not lying to you Meredith. You are beautiful. I love you so much. Ok? Stop putting yourself down."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. I can't always help how you see yourself. But I can always remind you of how I see you. And that is a kick- ass general surgeon who just so happens to be my wife and mother of my daughter and mystery baby."

"Mystery baby?"
"Well, we won't know what it is until the baby shower."
"Ughh. I love April and your sisters. But they are really going to make me go to a baby shower?"
"Yes."
"I'm the pregnant one. I'm not going to be playing any of the games, so why do I have to be there?"
"Well, that's kind of the point for the pregnant woman to be there. Plus, you have to open the gender reveal box."
"Fine."
"Didn't you have a shower last time?"
"No. I stayed in Boston for most of my pregnancy. I was also too tired and upset to."
"Yeah. Sorry."
"It's ok. I understand why you had to do that. I'm just happy that you aren't actually dead. You know, that was a kind of cruel thing they did. I've lost a lot of people, but losing you...."
Meredith trailed off.
"Was the worst?"
"Definitely. I wonder how they felt after I told them that they left a pregnant woman by herself because they acted like a total pain in the ass and decided to 'kill' my husband."
"Me too. But I'm here Mer."
"I know. I love you."
"I love you too."

To be continued.....