7: Ahch-To

I awake earlier than I usually do. I did tell Leia I would leave at dawn. I have a few hours before then, so I decided to pack some things into a small satchel that I can throw over my back.

I place two of my robes, a brown and a black one, inside the bag, along with other clothes, in case I need to change. I search around for my watch, but I can't find it anywhere. Kylo must  have it. I bring another small blaster in my bag, along with my saber. I strap my holster to my hip with my usual blaster. I don't want my saber at my hip. Every time I touch the hilt I think of Ben, and how he throughly examined it and touched it.

I don't bother to change out of the blue leggings and white shirt, they are still clean from yesterday. I pull my hair into a low ponytail and throw the bag over my shoulder. I walk into the common area, Rain sees me and rushes to my side.

"Are you in need anything Commander?"

"Not at the moment actually," I smile. She nods and looks disappointed. I lay my hand on her shoulder.  "Rain, why don't you take some time to yourself. Do whatever you please, take some time off with whatever you enjoy. I'm going to be gone awhile, so all I ask is you keep an eye on my chamber for me."

"Do you mean it?" She pouts.

"Yes," I grin. "You've been so faithful to me. Every time you see me you come sprinting, just wanting to help me anyway you can. I appreciate that. Enjoy some time to yourself for awhile."

"You're too kind, Commander. Good luck on your mission," she smiles, saluting. I nod at her and she skips away. I look around and see everyone smiling in my direction.

I sit at one of the tables and just enjoy the presence around me. Today the air is crisp and kind of cold, but it's comforting.

I decide to eat some early breakfast. I get handed a tray of food that consisted of one kind of bread, some fruit, and a green bar that consisted of all the vitamins needed for the day. I scarf down my food and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

I begin my walk to the docking port and just enjoy the silence on the way. I enter the giant doors of the docking port, natural morning light illuminating the area. Many ships and fighters are already leaving an returning. That's when I see Leia standing next to the Falcon, just enjoying the light.

"Good morning," I smile as I walk up to her.

"Wow I wasn't expecting to see you right on time," she laughs looking down at an imaginary watch on her wrist. "I'm kidding."

"I know," I smile. I lean in to give her a hug, she accepts and hugs me back. "I'll try to convince him."

"No, you need to convince him. I need my brother."

"I know."

"Go on now," she breaks the hug, and pushes me closer to the Falcon. "Chewie is waiting."

"Excellent!" I smile sarcastically.

"May the Force be with you," she waves.

"And may the Force be with you too."

The Falcon closes as I climb inside. I sit my bag down in some of the empty closet space and sit next to Chewie in the cockpit. He roars at me.

"I know," I laugh. "It's going to be a long mission."

Chewie and I rev up the Falcon, and put on our headsets.

"We need to put a cloak on the Falcon to make sure we are untraceable. Let's initiate that now."

I push up a few levers on my side and he does the same.

"There," I say in the headset. "Punch it Chewie!" And he does.