11: Last Hope

I sit on the floor in Kylo's quarters against one of the bare walls. I cannot even believe that this is happening right now. I am stuck with the First Order, unable to get ahold of Chewie or Leia.

I see Kylo looking at me in the corner of my eye, but I ignore him, and continue to fiddle with my fingers.

I need to figure out how I can fix my switch, to return back to my own reality. That's when an idea pops into my head that shouldn't.

"Staring is rude," I speak into the air. I stand up and walk over to Kylo who is now staring at the floor. "I want you to do something for me."

He instantly perks up, intrigued.

"What?"

"I want you to dive into my head and see if you can fix the same switch you broke."

"And why would I do that?"

"I have been having random episodes of illness since it's been broke! I don't feel myself," I sigh. "And you promised you would protect me."

"What does that have to do with your mind?" He scoffs.

"You said there's someone searching for me. If I'm weak, I can't protect myself."

He sighs, knowing that I'm right. He rolls his eyes and stands in front of me, placing his hand on my shoulder and shoving me down to the floor.

"On your knees," he orders.

"Why my knees?"

"Just shut up," he puts his finger up, shushing me as he looks down at me. "Or I'll change my mind."

I nod and turn my gaze to the floor.

"You're blocking your mind from me. In order for me to go into your mind Anne, you have to let me in."

"I'm just afraid you'll go places in my mind that you're not supposed to," I admit.

"You're probably right about that."

"Please don't."

He places his hand on my forehead. I expected to feel his leather on my skin, but it was his warm skin. In a way, it was comforting. I close my eyes and unlock the gates of my mind to Ben. I feel him shudder as soon as I unlocked my mind.

"You have a lot of built up tension," he whispers.

"Well that's what happens when you go through what I have."

"Hmm." And then there's silence again for several minutes.

"I see those people again and your memories of them. The woman is cruel."

"The switch Ren. You're looking for the switch," I repeat.

"I found it," he breathes gently rubbing his thumb against my forehead. "I'll try to mend it back together."

"What does it look like?"

"Like a piece of fabric that is tore to shreds," he answers.

I nod gently, and stay in silence. Several minutes go by silently until Kylo gasps and jerks his hand off of me.

"What happened!?" I stand up.

"I can't mend it. Every time I mended it, I felt sick. The feeling was sickening. Someone must have your mind in their grasp because I did not damage your switch like that."

"What?! How is that possible?"

"I don't know," he states, cold.

I sit down on the bed, my chest feeling tight. Tears beginning to form into my eyes.