16: Battle Cries

Lightning cracks through the dark blue sky. Exegol. Ships hover in the air above a stone like structure. That's where he is... Palpatine. I begin to hear a sharp ringing in my head, making me wince.

Ben feels my unease and questions me.

"What's wrong?"

"My head," I answer. "It hurts."

The sharp thrilling sound only becomes louder, piercing my internal thoughts, making me nauseous.

Ben quickly maneuvers through the sky and parks the fighter. I quickly climb out, and begin to vomit. I squeeze my eyes shut as I hold my hair back, my stomach squeezing as I do. I feel a hand on my back. I open and look at what I just emptied from my stomach. It's dark black and almost crimson.

"I don't think that's a good sign," I blurt. Ben looks at the remains and winces, he looks concerned, but tries to hide it.

"Let's finish this," he says, ignoring the fact that I'm fading quickly.

He begins to pull me along leading me into the dark cathedral where my fate awaits.

"Ahh, I knew you would bring her, Kylo Ren," a voice echos.

Ben and I exchange a look, and I sigh. The high pitched scream fading from my mind.

"Open the portal!" Ben yells into the emptiness.

"Bring me the girl," he orders, his scratchy voice bouncing off the stone walls.

Ben squats down and I climb onto his back as he climbs down and walks into the cathedral floor. I instantly spot the throne, where I know Palpatine is occupying.

"What's the plan?" I whisper into his ear.

"Just follow my lead," Ben whispers back to me.

Ben tosses me down in front of the thrown and I groan in pain. Dust flies into my mouth and nose, I cough in protest, a sharp pain returning to my head.

"Ahh, Y/N from Earth," he greets. I look at Ben and he looks shocked to hear my real name, confused almost. "You have a special gift."

"A gift that's broken," I spit, rising to stand and face him. His dark hood is covering his face, not to mention it is extremely dim, except when flashes of lightning flicker so often.

"You're ridiculous," he laughs evilly. "I have your very mind in my grasp, which will allow me to bring my army to your realm. Foolish girl."

"I'm not foolish."

"You're wrong! Now kneel," he speaks and he forces my knees to the floor with the force. My knees crash into the sharp stones and I feel tingly pain.

"Master Ren," he starts. "I promised you rule if you brought her to me, but I sense rising emotion in you suddenly. Are you telling me that you actually feel something for this girl? The girl that caused your downfall?"

"What?" I ask shocked. Ben stands next to me now, his face blank as he stares at the throne.

"Tell her," Palpatine motions to me, lightly chuckling.

Ben turns to me and swallows. He steps to me and kneels down.

"Let's open the portal to her realm, she's weak. She will be no use to us if she's dead," he spits. I shudder.

It's almost like Ben is gone, but I know it's just an act. At least I am hoping it is.

"You're right young Kylo Ren." Palpatine rises from his throne and stumbles to me and places his hand over my mind. Ben grabs my hand and squeezes it as he opens my palm toward the sky.