{two}

"Sorry to break up your welcoming Y/L/N but we have a case so let's get started" Hotch announced into the cluttered bullpin. You shot him a smile signaling you were glad to be here even if you didn't have the time to say it. He returned it as you and the team made your way to the conference room.

"Hello everyone this is Agent Y/N Y/L/N please make her feel welcome" Hotch added before signaling Penelope to get started in the debriefing.

"Welcome to Florida my scrumptious crime fighters! The Charleston family was murdered in their home this past Sunday, photos have been sent to your tablets-" you picked up your tablet and scrolled through the crime scene photo scrunching your nose at the horrible bloody mess. "-Jamison their 6 year old son was found in the basement with a single gun shot wound to the head execution style."

You couldn't imagine the young boys fear. He hadn't even been able to experience he joy of life yet, it was horrible to say the least.

"Jammie and Dan Charleston were both strangled to death but did show sighs of torture before than. Last but not least their daughter, Rosemary who is 16 went missing the night of the murder she was supposed to be joining in in a study group with friends but never showed" Penelope finsished

Poor girl is probably terrified out of her mind. If she is found alive she gets to see her whole family murdered, it's going to scar her for life. It reminded you of a case you took for an internship. Her name was Aly Carwell and she found out her family was murdered you could never unsee the pain and fear that laid beneath her green eyes.

"Let's assume she is still alive wheels up in 30".

-

"Okay we need to know the exact number of officers for the Miami-Dade police department" JJ suggested.

"There are about 3,000 sworn in officers and 1,000 civilians working but in the context of the whole department about 2.4 million people which covers around 2,400 square miles" you replied earning a scoff from Reid. "I'm sorry if I cut you off-" you apologized quickly to him.

"Just because your new here doesn't mean you can just cut people off" he spat. a you weren't sure why he was so angry, it was just a fact and you didn't mean to cut him off.

"Sorry I didn't know you wanted to say something" your voice was barely above a whisper. I get how people hate change but how he was being blatantly rude to you kind of hurt, even if he didn't mean it but it differently seemed like it did.

"Of course you didn't little miss 'perfect'" he used air quotations to empathize his point. You nibbled on the inside of your cheek while the team stared between the two of you studying your body language.

"Why don't we go and get some coffee y/n it seems like your tired" JJ offered placing her hand in your shoulder in a comforting way. You could already tell she had kids by the way she spoke to you and the tone she used, she also had a ring in with citrine stone on top of the band.

You nodded hesitantly in agreement as you wanted to stay and help but she was right you needed some fresh air. "How olds you kid?" you asked her.

She huffed a laugh through her nose placing a big smile on her face, "how'd you know I had a kid?"

"The way you talked to me, when you saw tension you immediately grabbed me away. You spoke with a soft motherly tone and you have a ring in with citrine that's the November birthstone." you rambled quickly, turning to meet her gaze.

"Well you stand correct he is about 5 now"

"That's amazing i've always wanted kids but not until i'm way older" you giggled. Kids were in your mind but not until your mid-thirties.

She laughed along with you and walked you over to the coffee station. There was a freshly brewed pot so you grabbed a disposable coffee cup pouring about 3/4 full. The only creamer was vanilla but you didn't mind, you filled it up the rest of the way before placing a lid on top.
"Are you getting some? I can always make it for you" you said to JJ.

"No that's okay we should get back to the team".

After that Reid didn't say much to you just the silent treatment. Why did you even do wrong? Like is he that insecure that he can't handle someone who can one up him! At this point you were wrapping your hand around a way to make him like you. But how? You can tell he doesn't open up easy, he probably had been through some trauma, he doesn't like change. That's all you could collect from him for now. He was closed up even controlling his micro expressions so you could barely read him, it was awfully annoying.

The jet was quiet with the team all asleep you could start formulating your plan. You pulled it your personal mac book and got to work on a list to make him like you. Including researching him and what kind of successes he has. Maybe it was just a little weird that you were researching a colleague but you had to find out some how if he wasn't going to tell you. You stumbled across and article that read...

Dr. Spencer Reid with the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit has completed three doctorates degrees by the time he was 23. Along with that he as well had two BA's in phycology and sociology, his IQ of 187 has helped pull the team to the high rankings. Today he continues to fight crime along side his fellow agents, known as the BAU.

It was just a small side note on a news paper article but it was something. You could tell why he was so upset you came here. I mean the guy had 5 degrees and is the team genius maybe you intimidate him? After some slight research you found a small clip from a news reporter, some articles on crimes being solved and about his research. He had no social media from what you could tell, probably a technophobe you guessed. You pulled up a blank word document and began writing.

1.Find a way to work with him.

2. Bribe him with coffee and sweets

3. Praise him an unbelievable amount

4.Find ways to work with him

5. Offer to do things for him

And that's all you had. To be honest you weren't the best with making boys like you and is been that way your whole life. Your a 23 year old virgin who had never had a boyfriend and grew up in a rich suburban neighborhood with no friends other than Esme. Could your life be anymore sucky?

You groaned and threw your head back in the chair you sat in. Maybe it was time to just get this over with and loose your virginity. But with who? This is completely pathetic Y/N! Your a grown adult.

-

"Ok so y/n we are having a girl night tonight and you have to come!" Penelope insisted practically jumping up and down.

"Yeah that sounds fun!" you smiled and she pulled you in for a tight hug. Her smell of cotton candy and roses suffocating your nose but it was sweet how excited she way. This would be a great opportunity to figure out more back Spencer and get closer with the girls, you desperately needed more friends.

You got into your car and mind the drive home to your apartment, luckily you didn't get stuck in the evening traffic that always blocked your silent ride. Soft sounds of Lana Del Ray filled your car speaker as you tapped your finger to the beat of ride. Once you pulled in your immediately hopped out of your car and rushed up the stairs nearly tripping and busting your head open on the concrete.

There was a small bag in the corner of toe room and you stuffed your charger, a pair of pajama shirts just in case you had to spend the night along with a toothbrush. You changed into a pair of leggings and your college sweatshirt, MIT. A large bottle of red whine was in your cabinet so you pushed it into your purse it's not like you had work in the morning.

Once you got done packing you made your way over to Penelopes apartment. It was around a 30 minute drive from you but you didn't mind. you live dsm moved driving at night.

You knocked twice before you heard Penelope squeal in excitement.

Let the fun begin.