{six}

*Gives you cookie*

-

After Esme left you demolished the wonderful brownies. Taste of your childhood and middle school years rushing back to you from the chocolate goodness.

For some reason Spencer was still occupying your thoughts. You were one for holding grudges. That's was a fact. Ever since you'd been betrayed so many times you learned that sometimes you need to hold things against people, not giving them chance after chance only to end up empty handed, trudging a broken heart around.

Now you had a solid grudge against Reid and you would be willing to use it whenever you'd like.

Not long after your first case you didn't talk to your mom to much other than good morning and goodnight texts. You found yourself missing your small family. Your mother would have advice for your little situation, being a lawyer and all she new how to negotiate things.

Just as you were about to push the idea down, it came back up. Groaning, you picked up your phone and dialed a number. It only rang three times before your mom picked up.

"Hey honey!" her joyed voice rang from the other end of the line.

"Hey mom! I was actually calling for some advice..."

"Oh what is it y/n?"

"So do you remember when I said mostly everyone was being nice in the team?"

"Yeah I do is someone being rude!?" her voice raised slightly. During your schooling and things everyone was always mean to you and your mom had none of it. Ever since she's been more protective over you.

"yes...but it's not like super bad he's just had a dilemma against me ever since I got here and I don't know why! It's so irritating mom."

"Oh y/n, you need advice on how to make him nicer?"

"Not necessarily just to figure out why he hates me so much and yeah I guess how to be nicer to me" you sighed bringing your cold, greasy hand from the desert to your temples: rubbing the irritated skin desperately trying to relieve some pressure.

When you brought it up to Morgan and the team they just insisted that Spencer was a nice guy. It was becoming harder to believe their lies everyday. When you try and bring it up it's always 'he's just been through so much' like okay? So why is he taking it out on you, you didn't do anything other start working at your dream job.

"Well why don't you ask him why he has a grudge against you? And try and work with him more...break him down make him vulnerable" she suggest.

Her words seemed manipulative. Breaking him down? You wouldn't want him to talk about something he wasn't for. But trying to work with him more could be good.

You could try and talk to him more.

No personal details.

The moment you share something personal it suddenly makes the relationship or friendship or whatever the fuck this was more vulnerable in a way. Your mom was right, maybe you needed to break him down a little- not that much but just a tiny bit.

You didn't want to admit how it was really mean and manipulative this was. You always took her advice and it always worked out so this time shouldn't be different.

"Okay thank you so much mom. I love you so much and tell dad I love him too. I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Okay honey I love you too. And remember people always see you as weak never let your guard down".

Ah yes, the same words she always said to you. The only person you cried in front of was Esme. Both your mom and dad told you to never cry in front of people it makes you weak and the weak are taken advantage of. When you got upset you would just pout but never ever cry. This time it wasn't any different.