|F I R S T D A Y|

—RIGEL, DRACO AND BLAISE SAT IN THE GREAT HALL FOR BREAKFAST AFTER GETTING CHANGE IN THEIR DORM THAT THEY ONLY SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER

RIGEL, DRACO AND BLAISE SAT IN THE GREAT HALL FOR BREAKFAST AFTER GETTING CHANGE IN THEIR DORM THAT THEY ONLY SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER. "I'm sleepy.." Blaise complained.

Rigel raised an eyebrow, "Aguamenti." He casted on Blaise's face.

Blaise jumped violently, "I'm up! I'm up!"

Draco laughed, "Oh look, Snape's handing out the timetables." And he was right as Snape just walked up to them.

Snape walked up to the and gave them their timetables, his eyes lingering on Rigel for a bit too long. He sucked in a sharp breath at the color of Rigel's eyes: Green. Rigel might look exactly how a Black would look because of the blood adoption, but he still had his mother's eyes. He didn't have one trace left of being a Potter.

••

The trio walked into the transfiguration class and saw they were first so they just sat down at the front.

"Where's McGonagall?" Blaise asked. Draco shrugged.

Rigel pointed at the cat that was watching them intently, "Animagus."

The cat nodded slowly, not knowing how Rigel knew.

Blaise nodded and got out his books.

A while later, the class was filled except 2 students who were late. Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger walked in late, "We made it! Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron said.

The cat jumped from the table and changed into Professor McGonagall, "That was brilliant!" Ron complimented, hoping that he could make her forget what he just said.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on his side. "Thank you for that assessment, Mister Weasley. Perhaps I should transfigure one of you into a pocket watch? That way one of you might be one time." McGonagall snapped.

"We got lost.." Hermione said, looking ashamed.

"Then perhaps a map?" McGonagall questioned, "I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She said and walked to her desk, "Oh and 5 points to Slytherin for mister Black knowing I was an Animagus."

••

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class.." Professor Snape said as he walked into the potions classroom, "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art of potion-making..However for those select few," He continued, looking at the Slytherins, "who posses the predisposition..I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even..put a stopper to death. Mister Potter!" He said, looking at Rigel.

"Black." Rigel immediately corrected, glaring at the Professor.

Snape felt unease at the harsh glare he was getting, he felt as if the boy knew all his secrets, but didn't show it one bit, "Mister..Black. Our new celebrity. Tell me..What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"The draught of the living death." Rigel immediately replied. But he felt as if there was more to the question..

Snape tilted his head slightly, "Where would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"In the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons." Rigel replied.

Snape looked at him for a few seconds, he wasn't like James Potter at all.. "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

Rigel raised an eyebrow, "They are the same. Which also goes by the name aconite."

"..Well why aren't you writing all this down?" Snape snapped at the class who immediately got to work, "and 20 points to Slytherin."

While the class was writing all that down, Rigel thought about the first question Snape asked him..His eyes widened slightly at what he just got and he looked at Snape. Snape, who was feeling someone's eyes on him looked around the class and his eyes stopped on Rigel who was looking at him.

None of them broke eye contact until the bell rang, signaling the end of class, "Go on without me. I have something to do." Rigel informed Blaise & Draco who nodded and left.

When the class was empty except for Rigel & Snape, he walked up to Snape's desk who was sitting on his chair and looking questioningly at him, "You knew my mum?" Rigel asked.

Snape's eyes widened, his eyes then narrowed at the boy, "What makes you ask that?"

"asphodel is a type of lily meaning "my regrets follow you to the grave" and wormwood means "absence" and also typically symbolises bitter sorrow. Which means you just said, "I bitterly regret Lily's death." That means you knew her." Rigel explained.

"..How'd you know?" Snape asked slowly.

Rigel raised an eyebrow, "I'm smart."

••

Rigel walked into DADA and gave Quirrell a late pass note, "Sorry, sir. I was busy with Professor Snape." He said as he sat down.

Quirrell nodded and went back to his explanation, even though nobody understood because of his stupid stutter. A few minutes later, they were told to read the theory on a few spells.

Rigel, who was feeling like he was being watched, looking around the classroom and saw Quirrell looking at him. Quirrell's eyes flashed red for a second, which meant that Voldemort took control, making Rigel smirk slightly. He was right.

Quirrell looked at the boy in thought. Rigel looked around the class and saw everyone being busy with reading so he looked back at Quirrell and winked, then went back to his book.

'He knows..' Quirrell thought, panicking.