|T O G E T H E R|

—REMUS AND SIRIUS STOPPED WHEN THEY WALKED INTO THE HOSPITAL ROOM

REMUS AND SIRIUS STOPPED WHEN THEY WALKED INTO THE HOSPITAL ROOM. They both shared shocked looks, simultaneously grinning at the same time. "You owe me 20 galleons." said Sirius smugly, earning a groan from his husband.

"We just found out our son is alive and that's what you think about?" Remus rolled his eyes, walking over to the bed where Tom and Rigel were sleeping in— together in each other's arms.

"Naturally." Sirius joked, grin widening when the two both woke up.

"What time is it?" asked Rigel groggily, nuzzling into Tom's neck.

Remus smirked teasingly at Tom, who was blushing like mad. "11 A.M."

Rigel sighed as Tom stood up and walked out of the room, knowing the family needed some privacy.

When the door shut, Remus sat at the end of Rigel's bed, leaning over to push his son's hair back. "We're so proud of you, Rigel.. but you didn't have to do that.. we thought we lost you. We almost did."

"I saw mum and dad." said Rigel quietly.

Sirius' head snapped up, while Remus' eyes widened. "What?"

"They begged me not to go to the white light." The boy explained, sighing. "They don't blame you, padfoot." He whispered the last part knowingly.

Sirius' eyes teared up. "I'm so sorry.."

"It's not your fault."

Sirius nodded, trying to wipe his tears. Remus brushed his son's hair back again and put his hands on his cheeks, "You fought bravely. And we're so proud of you."

Rigel tried swallowing the lump in his throat. "When can I be let out?"

"2 days at the very least." answered Remus with a sigh. "Tom brought you to this muggle hospital instead of a magical one, because we didn't want the daily prophet to start blabbering."

"Tom?" asked Rigel in shock. Tom was the one who had found him?

"He found you, Rigel. He was quiet for hours until he finally told me what happened. We've never seen him so pale before, not even when he had to go to the worst raids or something like that. He kept begging for you to be alive."

"What are you trying to say?" asked Rigel, knowing Remus was onto something.

"I'm trying to say that he loves you, Ri."

"No, he doesn't." His son immediately denied, shaking his head. "I'm a mess. He doesn't want me—"

"He literally couldn't sleep at all the night he brought you here. He only fell asleep with you in his arms. If that's not love, then I don't know what is." Sirius joined in, his expression serious for once.

Rigel frowned in thought.

••

A few minutes later, Remus and Sirius decided to go back home, since Cierra was alone.

Tom stayed, however.

He was sitting on the end of Rigel's bed, changing the younger boy's bandages. "You seem awfully quiet." Tom pointed out, not looking up.

Rigel sighed, clearly debating something.

"What do you have on your mind?"

"Remember when I talked about the boy I love?"

Tom wore a pained expression, but tried smiling. "Yes.."

"Why do you look like that?"

The older boy sighed and finally looked at him when he was done with changing his bandages. "Because as much as I love that you might be happy with whoever it is that you love.. I can't help the fact that it breaks me. It breaks my heart to know that I won't be the one to be there for you, or I won't be the one to hold you at night, or I won't be the one you'll have your future with.." He said, avoiding Rigel's eyes. "But if he makes you happy.. that's all I've ever wished for."

"Tom.." Rigel slowly said. "Are you saying what I think you are?"

"Rigel, how dumb can you get?" Tom shook his head fondly with a sigh. "Of course. I thought that was obvious."

"It wasn't."

"I love you, Rigel Black." whispered Tom, finally looking back at him as he tried swallowing the lump in his throat. "But your happiness is all that matters to me. If you want me to give you up, then just say so and—"

But he was cut off by Rigel's lips smashing onto his. It took a second, but he finally snapped out of his shock and started to kiss back.

Their kiss was slow and passionate, so when they finally pulled away, they had to try to catch their breaths.

"Tom—"

"You're going to say that it was a mistake again, aren't you?" asked Tom with a sad smile.

Rigel let out a huff, pulling him by the collar, making his eyes widen slightly. "No. I was going to say let's do it again. Tom, the person I'm in love with is you."

"What?" gasped Tom, their faces inches away from each other's.

Rigel's hand loosened on the boy's collar. "You win, Riddle. I love you. I think I always have."

Tom's lips brushed Rigel's. "You really mean that?" He murmured.

"Of course." whispered Rigel with no hesitation whatsoever, making Tom smile into the kiss they were sharing.

They both sprung apart when they heard the door opening.

Remus and Sirius stopped, sharing a shocked look. "We didn't see anything." said Remus with a huge grin when he noticed the two blushing immensely.

"Well, I did." Sirius shrugged, dodging the slap his husband sent.

"Padfoot, they finally had their first kiss, why do you have to ruin it?!"

"Should we tell them that it wasn't our first kiss?" whispered Tom.

Rigel looked at him with a soft smile. "Nah."