|Y U L E B R E A K|

—RIGEL WALKED DOWNSTAIRS WEARING A DARK GREEN HOODIE AND BLACK JEANS

RIGEL WALKED DOWNSTAIRS WEARING A DARK GREEN HOODIE AND BLACK JEANS. It was now finally Yule break, and he was glad to get away from all the stuff that had happened.

As soon as he walked into the living room, Remus tried flattening his damp messy curly hair, scowling when it didn't work.

"I don't get how your grandfather invented the Sleekeasy's hair potion, but your hair is still messy." Remus said, trying to flatten his son's curls again.

"It's only messy after I shower, Remy." Rigel let himself smile. It was simple moments like these that he wholeheartedly enjoyed.

"..How about we try the potion on your hair?"

"No!" Rigel exclaimed, trying to get out of his grasp, while Sirius and Tom started laughing hysterically in the background.

"C'mon, Moony," Sirius stood up, throwing an arm over his son's shoulder. "I, personally, think his hair looks gorgeous."

"Well, of course you do." Remus rolled his eyes fondly and walked away, leaving the three in the living room.

Rigel walked out of Sirius' grasp and walked over to the few bookshelves, immediately taking one of the dark magical creatures books and sitting down on the couch, flicking through it.

He wanted answers. Answers as to why the dementors affected him so much, and why they seemed to be feasting on his memories most, rather than everyone else's.

A few minutes later, Remus walked in again, and sat next to Rigel.

"What are you looking for?"

"I want to know why the dementors affect me so much." answered Rigel nonchalantly.

Remus frowned. "Well, that's because dementors feed on our worst memories. Our pain becomes their power."

Rigel lifted his head up, looking at him. "So, you're saying that I've been through so much that it makes the dementors favor me." He stated, rather than asking.

He didn't even look angered or sad. He looked extremely relaxed and emotionless, which was probably even worse.

Remus scratched his neck, not knowing how to answer to that.

"He didn't mean it that way, Ri." Sirius joined in.

"The only way to fight off a dementor is the patronus charm.." His son mused, looking thoughtful. "Rem, could you teach me?"

"The patronus charm?" Remus asked in shock. "Ri, that's very advanced magic."

Rigel merely raised an eyebrow. Remus nodded, "Fine, but when the break is over."

••

"Should I even ask what you're doing?" Tom asked as he walked into the library, pointing to the many books around Rigel, who was sitting in the middle of them all.

"No." Rigel said, not looking up from the book in his hands, and glancing at the floating books every once in a while.

"Right." Tom nodded, laying down on the couch with a book.

A few minutes passed by in silence with the occasional flipping pages.

Tom glanced at Rigel, noticing his frowning thoughtful face. "Do you need help?"

"No."

"I'm just going to pretend like you said 'yes'." Tom walked over to him, taking a book from the ground. "The rise and fall of the dark arts.." He read, looking at Rigel questioningly. "Why are you reading this?"

"It had a few chapters about my parents, explaining their life before they had me and how I defeated lord Voldemort." Rigel answered monotonously, not looking up from the book in his hands.

"Oh," Tom said, putting the book away.

••

Later on that night, Rigel was in his bed, reading another book, when a knock on the door made him look up. "Come in."

The door opened and in came Remus and Sirius, holding a package. "Happy Yule." Sirius grinned.

"What's this?" Rigel asked in confusion.

"Open it." Remus said, sitting down next to him.

Their son nodded and started opening the package, eyes lighting up when he saw what was inside. "A new firebolt?!"

Remus nodded. "We reckoned you needed a new one since yours is still lost in the forbidden forest."

"And if you found it, then congratulations, you have 2 firebolts." Sirius continued, making his son laugh.