|S C H O O L|

—TIME FLEW BY, AND IT WAS NOW SCHOOL AGAIN

TIME FLEW BY, AND IT WAS NOW SCHOOL AGAIN. Ignoring Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger's eyes, Rigel sat down in DADA in silent. Their new teacher, Professor Macmillan, walked in and started explaining a few spells.

Rigel immediately tuned him out, not having the energy to deal with lessons today. Besides, he knew almost every type of spells, potions, charms, and much more— maybe skipping class was a better idea..

Albus Dumbledore had been keeping a close eye on the boy, knowing he didn't have the power to expel him, since Voldemort was fully on the rise and would get revenge on anyone who would dare mess with Rigel.

Also why nobody dared to come near Rigel, other than the Slytherins.

"Alright there, Ri?" whispered Blaise, catching his attention.

"Yeah. Just tired."

Blaise looked confused. "But... you slept at 8PM.. you slept for 12 hours and you're still tired?"

Rigel nodded. "Yes."

Blaise didn't say anything else, merely giving him a smile and listening to the teacher again.

••

After the class ended, Rigel didn't bother going to his next class and immediately walked over to the library.

As soon as he reached the library, he sat down at an empty table by the window and pulled out a quill, ink, and a parchment, planning to write a letter to home.

After a few minutes of blankly staring at the empty parchment, Rigel frowned.

His motivation for writing a letter was suddenly gone. Sirius and Remus had something better to do rather than reading his letter anyways, so he just threw his quill to the side of the table and laid his head on the desk, closing his eyes, hoping to be able to take a rest.

••

"What do you mean?" asked Rigel after Sirius was done talking.

Sirius had decided to sneak into Hogwarts and into the Room Of Requirement to pay his son a visit, much to Rigel's amusement.

"Ri— do you know how worried I've been!?"

"Why?"

"You haven't written in weeks." Sirius pointed out, looking concerned.

Rigel shrugged, not knowing what the big deal was. "I just didn't feel like it."

"...You loved writing." Sirius frowned. "It relaxed you. You loved that."

"And?"

"Ri... what's bothering you? I can help—"

Rigel sighed. "I'm fine, Siri."

"—I'm here to listen, Rigel. You're my son. You can trust me."

Rigel stayed quiet for a good 5 minutes, debating whether or not let everything out.

"Sirius, I'm fine. It's just that I was too tired to write." Rigel said, not saying the full truth.

"..Fine, but please take care of yourself, Ri. I'm worried about you. We all are."

If Rigel were being honest, tiredness was one of the things that was the reason.

He had been losing motivation for almost everything, which was frustrating him to no end.

He couldn't even study for his O.W.Ls because he couldn't focus.

But he didn't want anybody to know that, especially not Sirius.