9 · sex trivia

THE FIRST THING I did, before throwing a hoodie on and practically dashing out to get on the road with Tina still on the line, was grab my car keys

"Where are you right now?"

"At the club we usually go. You gotta come quick."

"I'll call the police," I muttered.

"No, it'll get me killed if you do it. Oh, god, it's coming closer-" With a sudden click, the line went dead followed after her startled reaction.

Why was she at the club? Oh, it's Tina I'm talking about. What did I expect to hear-her telling me she was currently reading the bible in her bedroom and consuming holy water as part of her diet plan?

It'd stopped raining an hour ago, but the misty weather had fogged my windshield. I turned on the wipers and started getting so worried about her. My heart was in my throat, ready to burst at any second.

As I reached the park lot, I got out, clutching my purse. After I made sure the lock was secure, I jogged up to the club entrance where a couple of people had already lined up. I huffed out a sigh, tapping my bunny slippers against the ground. I ignored the murderous looks from the girls in the front, who undoubtedly were scrutinizing my shitty attire.

When I saw Paul, the club bouncer, standing before the entrance, I skipped the wait, my feet carrying me to the front.

My fingers brushed on his shoulder and I instantly caught his attention.

The permanent frown on his face morphed into a surprised expression upon seeing me for the first time since my abstinence a few months ago.

He offered me a genuine smile, trying to appease his intimidating impression, but still I was scared of his bulging shoulders and what they were capable of doing something fatal to someone, because I used to be an unfortunate witness to a gore sight.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. You've really disappeared. I thought you even moved places again. I missed your pretty face."

I tried to not cringe at the nickname. He was sweet, protective, and had been my friend since my chaotic college years, but I wasn't in the mood to hear him praise how my cute ass turns him on everytime I walk past him.

"Yeah, I have to prioritize my career. You know, I'm not definitely growing younger." I faked a smile, my mind still anxious for Tina.

I didn't want to say I was avoiding alcohol to maintain a good relationship between me and Daniel. He'd say I needed to leave him and go for someone independent, and not someone insecure and extremely jealous, because, in his book, I deserve someone better.

But his other intention was just to get into my panties. He hadn't stopped hitting on me, since I once ranted to him how controlling Daniel could be. My bad. I was drunk as shit and made a mistake of comforting myself in his arms after downing free drinks he offered to pay. And this dude jumped to conclusions and assumed I wasn't happy with my boyfriend and was so keen to jump into his bed.