18 · keyword: might

Tina returned home a little after seven thirty

Tina returned home a little after seven thirty. After ten minutes of debating what to eat for dinner, we ended up ordering Chinese.

And now we sat on the couch, watching Pearl, eating yogurt out of a ceramic bowl.

"Thanks for the little shopping you did this morning," Tina said, her attention trained on the TV screen.

I merely shrugged, trying to not cringe about what Pearl did to the poor scarecrow. "It's all good. Dominic paid"-I stopped mid-sentence, coughing- "It was nothing..."

"Did you say something else?" Tina turned to me, her eyes sparkling in suspicion.

"No, I just tripped over my words." I sighed, deciding to change the conversation. "How was work today?"

Tina raised her brows in disbelief, but she didn't push further. "It was so great. Amy showed up to my work and nagged my boss about me. She purposely spilled water over herself and screamed at me in the middle of the work space. She walked up to my boss and continued bitching about me."

Tina thinned her lips in annoyance before rolling her eyes. "He literally glared at me in front of my coworkers like he was going to fire me right there. And then, he talked to her, ushered her outside the store with a big freaking grin on his face. That's not even the worst part."

She waved her spoon in air for dramatics, exaggerating her facial expressions. "He called me to his office, and bitch, I was so scared, I almost pissed my pants. And when I closed the door, he literally burst out laughing at me. The audacity to find the situation funny when I was on the verge of tears. He's such a jerk I really wanna strangle him and throw him under a bus."

"But he's a jerk you might have been wanting to smash for a while now," I state the obvious.

"Yes, but it doesn't erase the fact that I want him dead for being a stuck-up clown."

"You hardly even mean it." I said, tucking my feet under me to shield them from the cold.

"Whatever," Tina muttered, just as she finished her side of the bowl.

My side of the bowl had a few more scoops left, but I wasn't in the slightest bit of hurry. I ate two more spoonful of yogurt and focused on the screen. My phone lit up from my lap and I looked down to see a notification from Gmail. I unlocked the screen to confirm if it was from Dominic.

When I skimmed my eyes over his account name, it was the same as his real name. So, he emailed me from his personal mail rather than his business one. He was intent on keeping his pen name a mystery, and I was curious to find out. It was unfortunate that my brain chose to remember the plot of his book, but not his penname.

━━━━━━━━

Sara, it's pretty obvious that I'm utterly allured by you-have been since the first couple of weeks of knowing you. Now that you've touched me, my fascination has expanded beyond my imagination. My mind has been occupied by thoughts of you, what you do to me, and the sweet sounds you make. I'm curious about what goes through that pretty head of yours-the good and the bad-every little thought occuring in your mind during and after reading my work. Let me know and subdue my curiosity.
D.S.